+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ignoring please help

Ignoring please help

Ok, so I have none this guy for about a year, we just became really good friends a couple months ago. I never really liked him until a couple weeks ago, i never thought anything of it though because he is pretty popular with girls and all. Anyway a couple days ago he asked me for my number and we have been texting everyday and every night over the weekend. I thought everything was going great but on Monday he kinda ignored me, we didnt make eye contact once and when i did talk to him it was short. But when i got home he started texting me again. and then on tuesday he really ignored me but we talked again that night. Im just confused why he is ignoring me like that all of a sudden? He isnt the shy type and ive done nothing wrong! Its really annoying haha, Thanks for any help a little explanation would really help!

Best advice from me: if you can't understand why someone does what they do, ask them about it.

If he continues with annoying behaviour after you've raised the issue, then don't bother with him. But most of all, don't be so desperate that you'll put up with behaviour you don't like; enforce some boundaries as to what you will accept.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'd say most likely he likes you and he may be shy about those kinds of things. It's easier and to text a girl then talk to her in person.

If he is so shy that he can't speak to you in person, then he is not much of a man and its gonna be hard to have a proper relationship with someone so immature. I agree with b&t, just outright ask him and dont take any b/s, keep asking until you get a sensible answer. Ask by text if you like and post his responses here so we can help you diagnose the fault!

thanks everyone for the advice! I just got it now so a whole day has gone by. I just thought id clear up a couple things. Before we started texting we talked daily and we did all the projects together and he wanted to talk. Then after texting he just stopped but still continues to text me. Today was better, he talked to me some but talked to my other friends more, and i dont know something just feels off, but as soon as i got home he texted me and asked if i wanted to go eat. I just dont understand why he is "ignoring" me in person though and im kinda scared to ask him , I am sorry if this is confusing , im confused ha ha!

Did he talk to you in proportion. Like if there were you and three friends, did he talk to you 1 quarter of the time, or less. Is he actually treating you less than equal or is this just your perception here. Asking you if you wanna go eat certainly sounds like he is interested. He may want to just have private conversations with you and feel that he has to be more sociable when in a group.