+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering how many men still compliment their exes appearance?

Wondering how many men still compliment their exes appearance?

My roommate showed me her instagram and where her ex and not her recent ex either, this is a two exes ago one. He posted on a workout picture of her " as beautiful as ever xx " she was excited about it, and I said obviously he still likes and wants you or why even post that to her. She had doubts.

But why would an ex compliment if not still into you, I don't know the feeling, my exes never compliment me so I have no experience with that other than my take reading it. I know I wouldn't compliment any ex on social media, maybe if I saw them in person and they asked what I thought about how they looked.

Would you compliment if only single yourself, or still if in a current relationship with another. Not a big deal but got my wondering is this what most exes do with each other?

I'm perhaps just an old fart but don't understand why you stay in touch with an ex. I only stay in touch with my ex-wife because she's the mother of my two children. The other exes I don't keep in touch with at all - what really is the point? Sounds like there's unfinished business here.

This roommate is living in the past. Living is past does not let us enjoy the present and that is the most important thing.

I am still friends with some of my exes...as long as the relationship doesn't end on a bad note, I don't see a problem with giving or receiving compliments to or from exes. The end of a relationship signals that everyone is doing what is best for themselves and for the other person even if it doesn't feel that way for a while. Even if I have been hurt by someone, I will take time away to heal and move on. If we become friends after that, then it wasn't a total loss. I compliment my friends and they compliment me. All that means to me is that there was something that attracted us to each other and it could mean that we just needed to be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I'm perhaps just an old fart but don't understand why you stay in touch with an ex. I only stay in touch with my ex-wife because she's the mother of my two children. The other exes I don't keep in touch with at all - what really is the point? Sounds like there's unfinished business here.
    I stay in touch with some but more my school exes, not after school ones oddly. Not sure what that says. But I don't flirt with any of them. I think she still has crushes on all her exes and she likes to go back and revisit past loves.

Quote Originally Posted by !Joe264! View Post
    This roommate is living in the past. Living is past does not let us enjoy the present and that is the most important thing.
    I agree, she even says she wishes she was xyz age again and with xyz ex. She is very much a romantic and loves the attention her exes give, that is why I thought it was odd she doubted that one still likes her, she must know he does, maybe he is the one she wants back the most. I hope he is single because not great if he has a girlfriend and crushing on his ex so publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Siren View Post
    I am still friends with some of my exes...as long as the relationship doesn't end on a bad note, I don't see a problem with giving or receiving compliments to or from exes. The end of a relationship signals that everyone is doing what is best for themselves and for the other person even if it doesn't feel that way for a while. Even if I have been hurt by someone, I will take time away to heal and move on. If we become friends after that, then it wasn't a total loss. I compliment my friends and they compliment me. All that means to me is that there was something that attracted us to each other and it could mean that we just needed to be friends.
    Same here and bad ending relationships where there was bad blood I won't keep contact. I will still say hello if we meet in town but that is it. I don't have exes flirting with me on social networks, and I don't flirt on any to begin with so sort of out of my thing to do. Do you think random compliments are flirting, or just being nice?

I think it really depends on who is doing the complementing. I'm sure that sometimes compliments have an ulterior motive but sometimes people are just being nice. I usually compliment people because I want them to feel good and sometimes a random kind word can do amazing things!

My exes still insist being friend with me and still leave nice comments on my FB picture or instagram.
    Before, i was struggling and confused all the time.

i have on occasion given compliments but mostly because they were obviously fishing for a compliment so I went along to make them happy. i wouldn't post it on an ex's fb or instagram or twitter account, because then it would make it look like i wanted her back or was pining over her to her and others. i have a few ex's that will comment on me and i just thank them or like comment or something.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Sometimes it's because they are unsure on what they want, but don't want to let you go. In other words, kind of stringing you along.

Exeter19- so guys are clued into the fishing, or only when made very obvious to them? That is funny because she even says she fishes for compliments on her social sites. She recently broke up, so I can understand why for right now.

UkRomantic- I agree on the not wanting to let go part.

I still compliment -- why not, if they look hot, I'd tell em so. I wouldn't do it in an over done way and not to hit on them or want them back -- only to acknowledge them and mostly in person, not online.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

My exes have always complimented me. I don't think they intend to but after seeing me, especially in the flesh, they'll be like, damn you looking good. I always think, what? You thought i'd fall off after you?. Its more like thanks, eat ya heart out.

A compliment is just that....I think you are reading too much into it.

If I saw one of my exes looking good sure I would say something but sure as hell my intention wouldn't be wanting to get back with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast