+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I in the right or wrong in this argument?

Am I in the right or wrong in this argument?

Ok sorry this is so long
    The situation is I'm living just out side of London at the moment and my girlfriend lives 4 hours away by train, we're goin out 18 months now and we met on a night out in London, we've been through so much together and i even stayed with her for 5 months when she went to America for university. I love her a lot but we just argue constantly and it's to the point where I always back down in the end and it's got to the stage where I don't even know when I'm in the right anymore.

We had a huge argument on the night of her birthday and it's like every time we do now she's like awww what's the point in us and iv wasted so much time with you, says I don't care about her feelings and what's important to her. It was her birthday on Wednesday and I couldn't be there because I was working late and I have exams soon so I was studying all day. I texted her happy birthday and I love you and everything and said il chat to her later after work and she was out enjoying her birthday. We chat every night for at least an hour 2 hours. I cleared the weekend off worked days I don't usually so I could travel up to her for her birthday. I tried to get off early on Friday so I could travel up but the boss won't let me so I said I'd get the early 8 o clock train on Saturday morning and she kept fighting with saying it don't know what's important to her and I don't care because I said I'd be up Friday and I can't now. She wanted me to get the 11 o clock at night train and I do be wrecked. This is me not caring and she knows i suffer from anxiety from time to time and iv been very stressed the last few weeks.

She reckons I don't care and I'm not bothered an when we were on the phone I wasn't very chatty but I was just really tired and I was trying my best cause she said she couldn't chat til 11:30 so after an hour of her keep going on about me saying I'd be there on Friday and I can't she was like what's the point in coming up for less than 2 days. This went on for an hour and I just wasn't in the humour of arguing anymore so the chat ended.. Now I'm the worst in the world. I don't care about her feelings cause I'd even argue with her on her birthday. I know it's her birthday but does that give her the right to just be a spoilt brat or am I in the wrong? I just don't know anymore

I think you post in the wrong forum..
    have at least 5 posts before we push your thread to the 'love advice forum'
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Thread re-opened for TS.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

This is a symptom of your relationship going down hill....why is it? It's because of the distance....it's been 18 months and you two still have to travel for 4 hours by train to visit each other say like twice a month? maybe only once a month? She's upset because she's frustrated at this arrangement....it's starting to wear her down and you down. That is what is bringing on the arguing. Something needs to change soon or she's just going to emotionally detach from you, meet someone else who fills that void and you won't know what hit ya when she breaks up with you.