+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giftless birthday! :*(

Giftless birthday! :*(

My bf and I have been dating for 4months.

He constantly tells me how much he loves me but came up SUPER short on my bday.

No 'Happy birthday' no card no gift no nada... and it is still bothering me. It makes me wonder if he really cares for me.

not really looking for anything big, just that he might have thought of me on that day.

am i being silly?

You're not being silly. Is this a long distance relationship? Did you hang out on your bday? How old are you both?

yeah need more info but how long ago was your birthday? maybe he has something special planned? otherwise yeah that is rather harsh of him you are not being silly!

At 4 months in, we're still on our best behaviour in a relationship: Making an effort and doing nice things and being thoughtful.

If this is him at 4 months in, I hate to think of how thoughtless he'll be at 4 years in.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by FAndrews View Post
    yeah need more info but how long ago was your birthday? maybe he has something special planned? otherwise yeah that is rather harsh of him you are not being silly!
    Ok more details
    This occured at the end of September. His mother put on a dinner for me, so he knew it was my birthday the next day.
    Also my sisters birthday is 2 days before mine... so he was a witness to me making her day a big deal.

To be fair he had only been working at his new job (with very few hours) for a month or so, but I was really not expecting anything expensive at all.
    It makes me nervous because in the 5 months that we have been together, I have literally paid for every meal/activity/outing expect for 2 lunches and 1 movie. I do not want to continue to date a 'gold-digger'.

I just thought that if he really cared about me he would make an effort to show me on my birthday. (with a letter, or an outing to the 1$ movie...or anything)
    BTW he is 30 and I am 31.

30 with a new job and very few hours...

Don't expect much to change.

Good god get out of that relationship!

He sounds like a loser. Not even a "happy birthday" anything? That's just kind of strange. You pay for everything? Get out now!

You know there are a lot of free things he could have done like give you a great massage followed by great oral.....that would make my birthday for sure.

noted
    thats what im worried about

LMAO...yeah that would have been something at least!

I do have to say though, I always must give props to a dude that can land a sugar momma situation like this. I have a friend who gets fired from every job within a day or two, yet has a chick that just pays his way for everything. It's always nice to see the fellas get one back.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You know there are a lot of free things he could have done like give you a great massage followed by great oral.....that would make my birthday for sure.
    LMAO...yeah that would have been something at least!

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    I do have to say though, I always must give props to a dude that can land a sugar momma situation like this. I have a friend who gets fired from every job within a day or two, yet has a chick that just pays his way for everything. It's always nice to see the fellas get one back.
    sux to be a sugar momma...esp because I have NEVER dated a guy for the amount of money he makes...obviously

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Ya but atleast those fellas get good oral for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast