+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So ladies.... how should I respond?

So ladies.... how should I respond?

Met this cute girl (her friends are friends of mine) and i messaged her on facebook a bit. About week ago gave her my number and she replied with hers too. Today (monday) aftre a week of some texting I asked if she wanted to meet up for a drink some night this week. Heres her response "This week is a kinda busy one but sometime next week would be great!"

Normally if this was a thus or fri I would say no big deal lets do next week... BUT ITS MONDAY lol. So ladies I ask...... move on or text back with a specific day "next week"???

Text back, ask her "how about *specific day* next week ?" and if she gives another vague answer, ask her "what day works for you?" and if she gives yet another vague answer, forget about her because she isn't interested.

So ur saying that's a tough call on wether she really wants to or was being nice

I'm saying it's better to find out straight away whether she's interested or not, and the best way to do that is to text her back as I said.

Don't ya think it's too early to pick a day next week?

She's probably busy all week. Don't assume she's lying.
    Today is Monday and I knew Friday that this week was going to busy as hell for me.
    Some people have a busy work week and can't be going out at night.

Just text her something like. "Cool...We'll set something up later this week." and be done with it. DO NOT text her asking what day next week. She'll think that you are making room for her, and not the other way around....remember, you're the one who asked her out.

Don't screw it up by texting too much until you text her to make plans for next week. If you text her too much she'll assume she is your only option.
    Last edited by randomguy85; 12-11-13 at 04:15 PM.

I think that's good advice. Too early to pinpoint next week. But I'm wondering if she's really not interested

Keep wondering then...

Woah relax but I think it's too early to pinpoint a day for next week when it's mon lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    I think that's good advice. Too early to pinpoint next week. But I'm wondering if she's really not interested
    Wondering and worrying will do nothing but make you insecure on the date. Keep yourself busy so you're not always thinking about texting her. If she blows you off, screw her. There are millions of women out there. Move on to the next one.
    Stop doubting yourself and be confident.

I would just say "okay cool, I'll give you a ring later this week."

Stop with the texting. Then later this week or weekend call her. And say, "How about Friday night at 7?"

Done. Wait for her to answer. If she says yes, proceed. If she says no, drop it. If she says something like, "I can't do Friday but Saturday works," proceed. The most common female blow off is some kind of maybe or I'm busy. Do NOT tolerate that mess. If she's too busy to set aside an hour for you after you gave her advanced notice, then she's not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    I would just say "okay cool, I'll give you a ring later this week."

Stop with the texting. Then later this week or weekend call her. And say, "How about Friday night at 7?"

Done. Wait for her to answer. If she says yes, proceed. If she says no, drop it. If she says something like, "I can't do Friday but Saturday works," proceed. The most common female blow off is some kind of maybe or I'm busy. Do NOT tolerate that mess. If she's too busy to set aside an hour for you after you gave her advanced notice, then she's not interested.
    This
    Call her to ask her out. It'll be totally unexpected and will show a lot of confidence.

I disagree with it being too early to pinpoint a day for next week. If people don't give me adequate warning when I'm busy, they miss out. I'm not going to hold off making appointments just in case someone makes plans.

What if she books next week's calendar up before you've said or done anything about making a date?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I disagree with it being too early to pinpoint a day for next week. If people don't give me adequate warning when I'm busy, they miss out. I'm not going to hold off making appointments just in case someone makes plans.

What if she books next week's calendar up before you've said or done anything about making a date?
    Yeah but he just asked today and she said next week would be best. It would be bad to call and ask the next day.
    Just give yourself a few days...say Wednesday or Thursday and call her. Try to resist texting...at least texting FIRST until then.

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy85 View Post
    Yeah but he just asked today and she said next week would be best. It would be bad to call and ask the next day.
    Just give yourself a few days...say Wednesday or Thursday and call her. Try to resist texting...at least texting FIRST until then.
    I know they agreed on next week. But if she's a busy girl, he may have to book in early for next week....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast