+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

Wasn't sure where to put this, as we was never in a proper relationship nor am I "Broken hearted" as such.

Was seeing someone for a while, but these past few months things died down so I asked what was happening between us and got the whole "I'm not looking for a relationship, I think we should just be friends for now" and then got the whole you deserve better, you will find someone better don't wait around for me.

We used to talk to each other all day every day and since this chat we hardly talk and when we do it now just doesn't seem the same, so I'm now going down the no contact road until she contacts me. It's tough, I miss talking to her and seem to be constantly waiting for that text... A text that's not going to come.

So, trying to move I talk to other female friends, I know they like me but I'm just not interested in the slightest - Not because of them, just because I can't get the other person out of my head... Is this normal and something that will resolve itself in time?

time fixes all these issues. There is a big chance you will still think of her within a years time, but you might think differently. Thing is that when people break up they always see their ex-relationship (well not always) as the best thing on the planet, but time will actually give you a chance to see things how they really are.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Dude I know how much it hurts as I am going through the same thing but my g/f lied to me for 3 years about what she was doing and who she was doing it with. She's moved on with her life and as hard as it is to accept you have to do the same thing. Get rid of the text messages, delete her cell phone number, the emails and whatever else you have that reminds you of her and try to keep your mind busy. If your feeling that bad than see a therapist and maybe get on an antidepressant. Im not seeing a therapist but I did get on an antidepressant and it really helped with the heartache I was feeling. Stay away from recreational drugs, alcohol and caffeine. Recreational drugs or a no brainer, alcohol will only increase your depressions and does more harm than good and caffeine will increase your anxiety. Focus dude, one monkey dont stop no show

Thanks guys, it's tough but I'm slowly getting there.

I have her on facebook and don't want to delete her as we are friends, and also have lots of mutual friends seeing as we live on the same area.

Just see how these next week or so goes! Still sat waiting for a text or call, but deep down i know it's not coming. I've also deleted her number and texts etc to make sure i don't text her. She may find that harsh as she still wants to be "friends" but my feelings were much, much more than that!