+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oh man...

oh man...

I'm accumulating a huge pile of applications for a bunch of places that i dont want to work...and i've turned in a lot of them. will someone please give me a job.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Well, what are you qualified to do?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

unfortunately jobs for young people are hard to come by nowadays. (gawd i sound old don't i?) anyway, have you tried temp agencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Well, what are you qualified to do?
    Uhm, be a cool employed teenager who watches unemployed teenagers and laugh at them from behind a counter?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Dude, in San Diego, the kids at In and Out burger start at $10.00 an hour. In comparison, the general labor guys who work under me are getting paid $11.00 to slam concrete and work in the sun 8-10 hours a day. Hard to come by? Nah, you just gotta be REAL flexible and get in where you can until you find something better.

I was making $5.25 when I started my first high school job at Western Sizzlin back in good ol' Russellville, Arkansas. Man, those were the days

how about a car wash? i always thought that'd be kinda fun.

Sorry Steve, I honestly don't know how old you are

I know you are female, and if you are at least remotely decent looking, go get a waitress job.

It doesn't seem glamerous, but at your age and beyond, at a good place you can score a GREAT amount of money. Plus, everyone lies about waitress experience anyhow. Each resteraunt teaches you "their way" of doing things, so essentially any monkey can do it.

i hated working in restaurants. i always had such a hard time pretending to be nice to people that were shamelessly treating me like shit. if you can take those things and still be civil and not a loose cannon like me then go for it. like cy says there's a lot of money in it. but you're fifteen right? i doubt you would be able to get a job as a waitress. maybe as a bus person.

where are your applications from?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i bet that you'd be great at blowjobs.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

::rolls eyes and flicks raverboy in the head::

i know this may sound cheesy, but when i was 17 i did some telemarketing. It was one of the best jobs i have ever had. The actual work sucked, but it was fun working with 30-50 kids all around the same age. Plus, i made some good dough. I guess it really depends on what company you work for.

Ahh, i miss the days when you would work for spending money, with little responsibilities. Those were the days :-/

Steve----My very first job I worked was in a deli for 2mths. They put me in the kitchen and I washed plates, cleared grease and spent my days up to my elbows in soap and trying to clear the dishwasher as fast as the crew outside needed the plates. My "worst" memory was reaching into the soapy sink, only to cut myself on a kitchen knife that some idiot collleague of mine had thrown in. Blood everywhere. It was hell. In between that they made me clear trash, and mop the whole deli. It was a crap job but I was so happy to receive my paycheck when the summer was over.

Everyone does s*** when they first start out.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    ::rolls eyes and flicks raverboy in the head::
    ::Joins, except with hammer in hand::

Anyhoo she just turned 16 not to long ago, so lets all congratulate on that sweet 16. Anyhoo, my first job was McDonalds, but it payed $8/hr, so I took it in a heartbeat. Management was shite, but the people were fun to work with. Look into fast food, restaurants, car washes, stores/convienant stores, etc..just to hold you over till you can expand a little.
    Last edited by Innova; 26-07-05 at 11:02 PM.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by inkeepingsecret
    i know this may sound cheesy, but when i was 17 i did some telemarketing. It was one of the best jobs i have ever had. The actual work sucked, but it was fun working with 30-50 kids all around the same age. Plus, i made some good dough. I guess it really depends on what company you work for.

Ahh, i miss the days when you would work for spending money, with little responsibilities. Those were the days :-/
    Yeah I worked in telemarketting for 2 years after high school and while going to college... at first it can be kind of intimidating, but then you learn to just tune everyone out... and yeah there is a ton of people that work there, mostly high school/college kids - so you meet a lot of cool people. It's good money, even better if you can sell (as cute as you look - you probably have a matching cute voice which = good for sales)

Had some good memories... I had a friend in Q&A and every Friday when it was slow he would listen in on me so no one else could and we use to do the funniest prank calls... good times good times :)

Steve - you can't be 15! That means we can't be together! Say it aint so!

-Snickers-

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast