+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost

Lost

I fell in love with someone on a web site. He is also in love with me and we have been in this online relationship now for three years. There are many problems within our relationship but the one i'm most in need of advice on is this.

As I said we have been together now for three years and, we have never met. He has stated that he wants to take our relationship further. He has gone so far as to express his desire for us to be together as a couple. To take this relationship forward (since we have never met) I feel needs to go through certain steps to find out if we are indeed compatible. One of those I believe should be meeting through video cam first. We have both seen many different pictures of one another that we have shared, so its not like we don't already know what we look like.....but he does not want to video cam with me. This has caused us a lot of grief because I feel its a necessary thing to do for me, to be able to not only trust in the things he's said, a(of how he feels towards me) but also to begin to take our relationship to another level. He and I have fought and argued about this issue for months now, so much so that I'm wondering if he really does mean what he says about how much he loves me and, how he truly wants to be with me.

I'm at my wits end on where to go from here and, I have to one to talk to about this problem. I feel he does love me...I'm just not so sure that he loves me as much as he claims if he cant do for me or for us something as simple as video chat.

Please help!

Please see a therapist

You'll find that there isn't a lot of support for online relationships, especially those where not only have you never met, but you've never even had a video conversation. This to me is a red flag, why does he say no? It sounds like he has something to hide, and you're spending years on a relationship with no future.

My advice, end this and date locally, you can't cuddle your computer monitor at night.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

It is very easy to send you pictures of someone else for three years, that can be done but with webcam there is no way unless you to see how really he looks like; I got a feeling that those pictures you have been seeing might be for someone else otherwise there might be no other reason why that could have been a problem.
    Please stick with what you are asking because it may save you from falling into someone's trap.
    Love makes two people to stay together and be bind to one another

He has something to hide.

I just want to say a big thanks to the OP. I've printed it out and stuck it on my wall. Now, whenever I feel that I'm going crazy I can read it and feel reassured that there are others out there who's craziness is so far off the scale it's hard to believe.

There is definitely something wrong here. 3 years and never meeting is not a relationship. Wanting to take it to another level and then refusing a web chat for months is ridiculous. It's time to find someone you can actually be with.

Hes not who he says he is. I bet hes old enough to be your dad. Youve prob wasted 3 years talking to some dirty lying pervert. Its not a relationship. Its a fantasy that has gone on for way too long. You need to date local guys.

3 years of your life wasted? :O shocking

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

surfhb2 Sorry but my god did that make me laugh...I'm with you, I think therapy possibly.

Online love affairs are a sickness.