+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious to hear your opinions

Curious to hear your opinions

Hey guys. Just curious to know what you think.

Do you think theres more genuine guys who dont screw you around etc or assholes in the world?

I like to think the bad guys are a minority but from speaking to gfs who generally think most men are pricks and the good guys a minority im just curious to know what you think.

Most the men in my life are really good husbands and fathers-my dad, granddad, uncles, cousins etc.. most the guys i dated were good guys including my bf now and all the boys i grew up with in school were genuine, decent, honest blokes with a few exceptations.

But most my friends think most men are wankers lol so just want to know more good than bad or more bad than good?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

In my own opinion, people in general are complete wankers.

There are few special people out there that are really genuine and will treat you right. Did you ever hear the saying 'you can count true friends on one hand'?

There are some really awful boys and in other cases there are really great guys. However no-body is perfect. I suppose it just depends on your perspective

Men are amazing. I have tons of male friends, and they are gems who adore me, would do anything for me.

Once you get into a romantic situation with someone, they change. Depending on what you trigger in them. So people who are really cool in friendship might end up doing things that are not-so-cool in relationships. I think that's the true meaning of "all's fair in love and war"...

Thanks for your reply. I suppose aside from family i probably have very little people in my life that i trust completely. I have some amazing friends but your right the best ones can only be counted on one hand

Re: Curious to hear your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by violet11 View Post
    Men are amazing. I have tons of male friends, and they are gems who adore me, would do anything for me.

Once you get into a romantic situation with someone, they change. Depending on what you trigger in them. So people who are really cool in friendship might end up doing things that are not-so-cool in relationships. I think that's the true meaning of "all's fair in love and war"...
    Yup compleyely agree. I once made the mistake of going out with a close male friend. I thought he was genuine and thought i could trust him. As friends we got on like a house on fire but as a bf complete ****in asshole who i wished would get hit by a bus in the end.. peoples true colours come out when you start dating and his heart was as black as coal underneath the nice guy act he put on to the rest of the world

Few people are completely anything. I agree with Violet that it depends on what feelings you trigger in a person and what role they see you in.

To answer the question, I think most people are mostly good. It's so much easier to be nice.

Thats strange coming from you. Your normally fairly cynical. People are mostly good? Your the last person here i expected to hear that from but maybe you do have a heart afterall

Judging from personal experience, there are more pricks than good guys.

I feel like...guys are mostly neutral (assholes exist, too).

But the womens' expectations dictate how they'll behave (and their enforcement of their expectations--i.e. if the guy is a abusive, you leave, instead of rewarding his bad behaviour).

Some guys are better than others because they've been raised with morals that have become part of their identity. But even good people can mistreat a person that shows they don't value themselves.

There are nice people out there. And there are tossers out there. And I don't think the percentages depend on what you've got in your pants.

There are an array, and just as many bitch women out there as there are asshole men.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Ya i know. I wasnt implying that women are saints or nicer than men in general

I like to take the words of the wise and noble Dr. Cox on this one. "People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." LOL! To be honest, I don't have the greatest faith in humanity after the life I have led. Though, at the same time, I have never given up completely (and probably never will). Sometimes, it is hard being like this. I want to just shut off the human side of me and feel nothing. But, there is the side of me that still wants to believe that people are generally good, and that there is somebody great out there waiting for me. It is like the duality of man played out inside my own mind and body, and it is a pain in the @$$!

Sorry. Bit of a tangent, there. Anyway, my point being, there exists two natures in all of us. The good and the evil. Some have a healthier dose of one or the other, but everybody has a little of both. Life, quite frankly, is just a constant struggle of hoping to fall on the correct side of that equation. But, through all the crap I have been through, I have always come to this conclusion.... it is worth it. It may not feel that way at times, but life is worth living. The good times make the bad times worth suffering through, just to know that some good will eventually come.

This is not isolated to either gender. Men and women both vary just as much. There are some slimey, worthless pigs who shouldn't be allowed to call themselves men out there, and there are some horrible, cruel, wicked women who don't deserve the air they breathe. Then, there are great people who make life worth living, and make it worthwhile dealing with the pieces of human refuse that you have to sift through in order to get to them.

We all have a little Evil Jester in each of us. ;-) The trick is just to do your best to keep him/her at bay and to be the good person we are all capable of being. Almost as importantly is to remember not to let the bad people of this world turn you into one of them.

I think that there are fewer assholes than there are good guys... but that you don't hear from the women with those good guys, just the ones who've got something to bitch about.

It's funny, it works that way with women too. I can't tell you how many dirty looks or raw disbelieve I've garnered when I say "Nope, sorry... my wife's not like that."

I know my wife has had the same experience.

It depends on your standards for "good" and "bad" and how you perceive these two things. While some people hold men to an extremely narrow spectrum of acceptable behavior (especially with regards to how they are with women) and consider men who conform to this spectrum to be "good" and those who don't to be "assholes", you can just as easily argue that holding men to this spectrum and being so judgmental if they don't conform makes YOU the asshole and not the men who fall outside of the spectrum. Which side is right? The only thing that is objective about all of this is that none of it is objective. I lean toward the latter point of view but even then I acknowledge that it's all based on shades of gray.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast