+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi men!! I reealllllly need your opinion!!

Hi men!! I reealllllly need your opinion!!

I got my boyfriend tickets to see his favorite team (NFL tickets). They were kind of expensive but they're pretty decent seats-not in the nosebleeds..but close to his team's side.

But we've been having some money issues lately and I've been thinking of reselling the tickets to help out. If I sell the tickets I'll be pretty decent financially for the year, but I was really wanting him to see his team (I wanted to surprise him for Christmas). I want him to have a good time, he's been pretty down lately.

Then again, if I keep the tickets, I'll be super super tight on money.

SO: Should I keep the tickets and be poor? or sell the tickets and have enough even though I was really wanting him to see his favorite team?

If you had an option to choose, what would you like? Would you like to be surprised to your favorite team that came into town or would you be upset that your girlfriend spent alot of money on something that could have been used on something else that's needed?

Thanks!!

If he doesn't know about it, sell the tickets and buy him a new trinket for his team/player - a jersey, hat, coffee cup, pennant, whatever. He'll love it, and love that you understood enough about him that you got it for him. NEVER mention the tickets. You'll have the opportunity in the future to get him more tickets.

Who's his team?

Die-Hard Seahawks fan here - 34 years and counting.

I dont get it. Why would you buy tickets if you dont have the money? Things like this are for when you have excess funds available....after bills, spending AND savings. Take a finance class please
    Last edited by surfhb2; 10-12-13 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If he doesn't know about it, sell the tickets and buy him a new trinket for his team/player - a jersey, hat, coffee cup, pennant, whatever. He'll love it, and love that you understood enough about him that you got it for him. NEVER mention the tickets. You'll have the opportunity in the future to get him more tickets.

Who's his team?

Die-Hard Seahawks fan here - 34 years and counting.
    Ugh! That last Rams games made me sick to my stomach

Rams games ALWAYS make me sick to my stomach.*

*unless they're playing the Cowboys. I'll root for any team playing the Cowboys... even the '9ers.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If he doesn't know about it, sell the tickets and buy him a new trinket for his team/player - a jersey, hat, coffee cup, pennant, whatever. He'll love it, and love that you understood enough about him that you got it for him. NEVER mention the tickets. You'll have the opportunity in the future to get him more tickets
    ^ I agree with this. Remember that, no matter how much or how little is spent on the gift, it's the thought which counts. The best gift someone's ever given me was a card and a package of boxer shorts. Maybe it's not a diamond necklace, but it was very thoughtful (inside joke) and the card had a nice inscription in it.

Save the tickets for a time when you have a nice amount of money and it's a REALLY special time- like maybe an anniversary or something.

Oh good lord it's a no brainer...sell them!

Sell them, he will love you more for the wise decision you made

Absolutely sell them. Heartisaching nailed it buy something smaller that you can afford. It wouldn't hurt to tell him what you wanted to get, but your finances just will not allow for it right now. I guarantee he will still be thrilled, be prepared to have your world rocked!
    Variety is the spice of life! Work on your relationship every single day and you will be rewarded greatly. Visit www.revupyourrelationship.com for advice

Sell them and never tell him. Buy him a jersey instead. That would personally be an AMAZING gift.