+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Developed feelings for a 'friend with benefits'..

Developed feelings for a 'friend with benefits'..

Hi everyone,

I've been friends with this girl for about 6 years. Not really close friends but in the same circle of friends etc. We hadn't seen each other for a while and met up about 3-4 months ago and ended up sleeping together. It was awesome, and we started to meet regularly (every week / 10 days) for drinks / dinner and going back to each others houses for the night.

I couldn't quite figure out if I wanted it to actually go anywhere. I find her physically attractive but she's not really my type. However, I really really fancy her personality. We had a conversation about what we were doing and we agreed to keep it casual, as none of us were looking for a heavy relationship. She had just come out of a long one and was just looking for a bit of fun.

Last weekend we met up and she said she would like to go back to being just friends. She said that these things never usually ended well and she valued my friendship too much to throw it away. I kind of saw this coming as we had started to text less and less. I also knew this wouldn't go on for ever so accepted it gracefully. However, that evening I started to feel really bummed out that I'd never be close to her like that again. I thought this feeling would go but it's been a few days now and I still feel like crap. I think I have genuine feelings for this girl.

Should I tell her this? Currently I don't think she has any idea as I didn't seem phased at all when she ended it.

Any advice would be great please!

What have you got to lose?

To me, it seems like she's going to pull away for good even if you keep this to yourself... So, what do you really have to lose? Even if you try and she rejects you, you can at least know where you stand and where she stands, even if she pulls away like she would have if you hadn't tried.

And you never know; maybe that's the reason why she's growing distant- the fact that she has feelings for you.

But I will warn you that you must prepare yourself for the possibility of being rejected and/or pushed aside anyway.

EDIT: Damn, HIA beat me to it! lol

Do tell her about your feelings, and also tell her that you won't be remaining just friends with her. Definitely take friendship off the table and that will let you know where you really stand or if she's just bullshitting and trying to let you down easy.

Developed feelings for a 'friend with benefits'..

Let us know how it goes when u tell her how u feel!