+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me keep the ires of love burning

Help me keep the ires of love burning

My First Post

My wife and I have been together for 36 years I was just twenty two when we married. We are at the other end of having children etc. they are now grown up and I am now heading towards the end of my career. However like most people over the years because we have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that life has to throw at us. The passionate love affair in our relationship went out of the window. Albeit a strong underlying bond remained.

Recently in a serious full on, whole hearted, no half measures & no half truths and truly, truly believing in what I was about to say. I wrote my wife a love letter saying how much I loved casting aside all inhibition. After I sent the letter it was a being hit with tidal wave of emotion that is so powerful and so euphoric it will just be immense. The long kisses and cuddles came flooding back and our sex life went from OK to off the scale in about 5 days. I also bought my wife love token which is a gold ring of hearts bind us together even further. We are also quite sexual open when it comes to masturbation and the like. This relieves a lot of pressure and tension of having to perform. From reading online blogs it would seem that for most males it is only sexual fantasy that they can satisfy a woman purely by intercourse. So lets get over it.

I believe sex should be as spontaneous as you can make it, rather than as a pre-planned act. I also believe that sex is not the prime objective of a relationship. I think the first and foremost part is the long sensual kissing, embraces, cuddling and touch etc. If it is right for both parties sex will happen naturally rather than forced and will be the better for it.

I am truely, madley, deeply in love with my wife and do not want to lose what we have rekindled. Our relationship is very much like when we first met. Full of desire and infatuation.

Please can people suggest ideas to keep the fire of our love burning, on & on & on

Welshtyke, I think you've nailed it. Awesome job. Perhaps you should be giving the advice to others instead of asking for more ideas
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.