+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Turnoffs and turnons

Turnoffs and turnons

When dating, what turns you on? And what do you consider a no-no? Any bad/good experiences?

Just thought it'd be fun to hear what you think... :-)

A strange turnoff for me is if a girl has a horrible of very awkward laughter. Even if she's great and sweet, a weird laugh can ruin it. Don't really know why, sounds silly, I know...

Turnon: Down to earth-personality, a bit shy (as opposed to condescending) and a healthy dose of self-irony and humour. Someone who can talk and laugh about anything.

:-)

i actually like those quirky laughs! call me crazy! (seriously, could someone call me crazy on their next post, thanks)

a bit-shy - huge turn on. i think you stated the obvious in the turnon part of your Origonal Post

someone witty - i love that - i find it sexy

a slightly crooked nose - or some very small imperfection is HUGE TURN ON

sharp figure, don't like curves much - except ass, don't like fake tits

i think i'm getting to the physical, so back to the psychological:

caring and loving (given)

i'll post more if i can think of more

Sometimes find beauty spots to be quite sexy. Both my last girlfriend and my most recent romantic interest had one. Big turn-on for some reason.

And (this is physical too I'm afraid) I prefer girls to be a bit smaller than me. At least not taller. That feels weird, couldn't do it. Small hands and feet cute. But obviously not what makes me decide on a person when dating...lol. Just features I tend to like.

I agree with Zeen, I love petit girls, One of the main things I look for in a girl is that they know when to be mature and serious and when te be playfull and crazy, o and a big turn of for me is HIGH MAINTANANCE (BAD BAD PAST EXPERIENCES). Seriously when I see a girl is going over the top with the HIGH MAINTANCE, I start putting up road blocks I HATE IT!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hm. Turn offs? Big ego, obese (I'm not judging overweight people, but I keep myself in shape and I expect my man to be healthy/active too), being not talkative, poor taste in clothes, narrow-mindedness, overly perverted.

Turn ons.... wit, intelligence, dark hair, having passion for something, laid back, kind eyes. Oh, and if they can dance well, extra brownie points.

Thats great! Finally a guy can get a few extra points by knoing how to dance, tahts why I love my latin girls, if u can dance well they will pay attention

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh....guys that can't dance, I should've put that on my turn off list. When I go out, I expect my man to dance, and dance WELL. My ex was the crappiest dancer, he just stood in one spot and sorta bobbed up and down (embarrassing!).

My current bf more or less hooked me with his fabulous moves. You get to figuring, if he can move like that on the dance floor.....he must move well other places too.

My biggest turn off would have to be self-pity. I can't stand to listen to a guy ***** about his crappy life and low self esteem. Follow ups would have to be really bad table manners, having a very impressionable personality, and excessive touching.

Turn ons- funny, laughs a lot, athletic, intelligence, and confident (even arrogant to an extent.)

Turn offs...hm....sluts (100% of the female population)

Turn ons ...hm....sluts (100% of the female population)
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Tone Guest
    OV you got issues dude.

I don't overweight turn-offs on a date, meaning that I have never decided not to see someone again or not to give her a second chance just because of something I didn't like in the first date.

But one thing that has turned me off in the past a few times is if the girl tends to speak too much of her ex-boyfriends. I have no problems talking about the past, but on the first date it can be intimidating... it feels like the other is trying to immediately settle down the minimum targets I should reach like I was competing

Another turn-off is definitely the excessive use of dirty language and swearing. There's a time for dirty talk, but that's not the first date and definitely not in public.

Turn-ons can be many. Something on the top of my head:

- being smart and open-minded, and not afraid of surprising me by engaging in a conversation on a topic which cannot be exhausted before the end of the date

- a surprise hug impresses me a lot, but not too soon!

- a girl using her gaze well can definitely take complete control over me in a matter of minutes

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    Hm. Turn offs? ...overly perverted.
    Would you consider a moderately perverted acceptable?
    Don't listen to The Wise, listen to yourself.

Turn on: reliability, spontanaity, fun, laugh, flexible, patient, men that take initiative when setting up dates, polite to wait staff and service people, walking me to my car / house / door, waiting for me to get inside safely, asking me questions about myself, sharing food

Turn off: starting overly sexual conversations in early stages of dating, wanting to talk about strange sexual fantasies in early dating stages, cancelling last minute (frequently, with lame excuses) or standing me up, being too much of a wet noodle (ie: not suggesting plans for dates, being someone I could run over), rude to wait staff, drinking excessively, being in a bad mood or angry (early stages in particular), talking too much, not talking at all

Actually a huge turnon when girls show some initiative as well, it shows that what we do is being appreciated and that we're doing the right thing. And we're kept from guessing all the time, if she's openminded about things. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious, other times it's impossible to read someone one way or the other.

Lol...wet noodle, haven't heard that term before.

physically: I am attracted to the tall, lanky guys with a sense of style more than guys who are built. Recently, I have been more attracted to dark hair, but its not a requirement.

mentally: open-minded. passionate. fun. I think the shy guys are the most alluring, but Im shy, so it rarely works out. intelligent. Although being able to fix a car or open a jar of pickles is nice, seeing a guy playing chess or engrossed in a book is just as intriguing.

its flattering for a guy to be moderately perverted, but not to the point where I am feeling like a whore. there has to be physical chemistry, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    OV you got issues dude.
    Really? what kind?. Speak for your-self..we all got issues.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    reliability, spontanaity
    reliability?..what are you buying a car or some thing? Spontanous?..like if I suddenly Spontanously combusted into flames?..what that turn you on?
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 31-07-05 at 02:26 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."