+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gift idea for christmas - too much?

Gift idea for christmas - too much?

Hey people!

I need some advice for a christmas gift for this girl i'm seeing.
    We've been dating for 1½ months, and it looks like things might get serious.
    I'm trying to find out what to give her as a christmas gift, but i don't know if i'm overdoing it (since we're not officially in a relationship) or if my ideas are too boring.

She's an avid Beatles/John Lennon fan, she also likes long socks, so i've bought her some "All You Need is Love"-socks. Boring by itself i know, but my idea was to put something inside them that was more fun.
    I was thinking of 2 different things: either a giftcard to a sushi-cooking course together with me, or a giftcard to a "Bodyflight in a Windtunnel"-experience (with me as well). She loves sushi, and is totally into adrenaline-pumped experiences, so one of those things i thought she might like.

What do you guys think - is it too much too soon...? Also, we haven't talked about giving each other gifts, so there's a chance she isn't going to buy me anything (although i suspect she might).

Any advice is appreciated! :-)

I think it's too early for gift exchange. Keep it small if you do give her anything. My girl and I have been dating for one month now but I don't plan on getting her a gift that isn't anything larger than a coffee. It's too early.

If you guys really like each other the socks are fine.

It says you're serious and she will dig it.

The socks are great this soon in. Save the other two things for possible later dates.

Your ideas sound thought to what she'd love, but remember don't give too much in case she isn't going all out for you and then she will feel bad that you did. You should discuss it with her first, maybe set up a spend budget, and then stay within it, and give a nice card. I was dating a guy for 6 months and his gift to me that first christmas was skates, because I hadn't been for along time and didn't have my own skates anymore. Mine to him was a sports hoodie sweatshirt of his favorite sports team and some items I knitted and baked, lol.

Thanks for your advice people :-)

I'll stick to the socks - i don't really have the money for those other things either, so i guess it's for the best ;-)