+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very confusing guy.

Very confusing guy.

Hey guys!
    I was seeing this guy for a while and everything (in my view) was going great. Suddenly out of nowhere he starts having doubts about us working out and asks to just be friends, well this upset me a lot & as you can guess I got a bit depressed but kept trying to get him back, I would constantly talk to him breaking the 'no contact' rule trying to get him back. Well that didn't work he said that there is no chance of us getting back together and I said we can't be friends as I like him too much he said I deserve the very best blah blah blah. I'm trying really hard to get over him but the feelings are WAY too intense, he's very different now that we're not together he says he doesn't want to hurt me but won't tell me what happened. He's leaving in 6 months to go to a different school and I know that I probably won't see him every again. Please explain to me what happened I don't know what went wrong and he will not tell me, he said it because his mum got sick but I feel like that not true and I'm pretty sure there no chance of us getting back together or even be friends I just really badly want him back. Thanks guys

He said it was because his mom got sick. That is his reason. What you don't know is how to accept that the relationship is over and that eventully, with time and how you keep busy, you will get to the stage of indifference to him and he will just be a memory that you can visit where it won't hurt you in the least.

You are not endearing yourself to him by keeping in contact with him nor are you helping yourself to get over him so stop all contact NOW. No texting, no emailing, no phone calls, no attempts to see him, no faxing, no notes being carried via carrier pidgeon.

The quicker you stop tormenting yourself with attempts to see/talk to him, the quicker you will get over him.

Good luck, you were fine before you were his gf and you will be fine after you're not. I promise. But first you have to get on with that no contact for you to start getting over him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Very confusing guy.
    I'll add that he's not "confusing" at all. He's been straight with you but you just don't want to hear it. Accepting what he's said to you as being the answer you're looking for and that the relationship had concluded... then you'll be on your way to being less in pain.

Help yourself to feel better soon.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well it was all lovely until you made mistake. You started to think that this guy is special. Thats where things ussualy goes wrong.

Everything was new for you compared to the way you ussualy feel. So you got attached fast and felt aproved and confident. Now when guys attention is gone you might want to be validated again, live up to those high standarts. Maybe even change yourself to be more likeable. So you liked a lot this guy but did you loved yourself as much? Did you fell in love withourself in first place? Do you see that you are at least as much special and unique? Infact you can see only your reflection in others. Its great that you can critisize yourself but would be even better to critisize others as much. Dont see only good or bad but the whole picture. The attention hes giving to you now shows excatly how much this guy is worth.

Realise that being too sensitive dont leads to happy life. Also thinking about persons thats not present is disrespectful to present people. - For example yourself.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 18-12-13 at 11:24 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

If he is saying that he doesn't want to hurt you, he probably just isn't that interested but he does care for you as a friend enough to save you the grief and not play you like a fool. He is leaving soon anyway, it is time to pick up your heart and move on and find somebody that lives near you. This will be very difficult at first, but time heals all wounds. Spend time with friends and family and try to stop thinking about him as anything more than a friend.

But if he's not interested why would he be calling me beautiful and making future plans with me one day then the next I'm nothing to him? It makes no sense to me if he wasn't interested why wasn't he straight forward with me from the beginning before I got attached to him.

Words mean fvck all. Stop listening to what you want to hear and pay attention to his actions. His actions clearly show that you ARE NOT going to be his LIFEmate.

You're young and you'll find someone better suited for you if you just let this one go quietly, heal and then learn from this by paying attention to their actions. People change their minds about what they've told someone in the beginning of a relationship all the time. This is one of them, darl'n. Stop trying to analyse this and just accept it at face value. His actions are that he's left. That is where his truth is. Zero contact now.