+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying friends

Staying friends

I tend to find it really difficult staying friends with ex'es. Especially the times when I'm the one who's dumped, obviously. I've found time to be a healer, and in some cases, it's been fine meeting up again some years after. I'm in a situation again where I want to try and stay friends.

Does anyone else have good experiences with staying friends? Do you find that it's worth the "hassle"?

Tone Guest
    LoL... I don't have the effort atm to get into my experience with this.

To be truly honest, a girl has never even touched my ding dong, so i wouldn't know. But if I were to guess, then I'd venture to say that it is a good idea to remain friends, as long as no emotional bonds remain. Otherwise I'm sure your heading for trouble. Does the other person feel the same way as you? Because if so, then that's a good indication of good things to come. As I said before, I don't have the experience to guide you, so wait for what others have to say, but that's what I can offer for right now. Good Luck in your future endevours. Yours truly, madly, deeply, RSK.

Tone Guest
    It's not possible, if one of you has feelings for the other it's just going to put you through a lot of bullshit and pain.

Its 100% possible. I am very good friends with the woman who was my first. I care for her a great deal. She was the first girl I kept around as friends. I got tired of losing good friends just because romance faded so I tried it. It's been a good experience. I will admit, however, that we don't like hang out every week but I still see her when I can.

Tone Vs. TAVS

It's a Duel: Fight to the finish!

Place your bets!

my money is on Tone

Tone Guest
    No he's right, it is possible.. I meant it's not possible if one of them still has feelings for the other - THEN it's a living hell.. but if both are mature and both are "over" each other then sure why not.

Yeah, okay. Both extremes are possible. But how does one go about getting from "unable to" to "able to"?
    Speak less. Say more.

did rsk say 'ding dong'?

yes he did, I vote to ban him. All in favor say I!
    You may not think you are the world of someone, but to someone you are their whole world.

Its possible, It takes incredible maturity from both of you, no romantic feelings of any kind from any of you... It's hard at first but time is also a very important thing

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bodies Hero
    yes he did, I vote to ban him. All in favor say I!
    NAY

Sure, in the big picture sense of the word. I'll enjoy seeing you at public function on occasion and catching up, particularly if we weren't too serious or didn't date for too long.

Otherwise, a relationship that was deeper, lasted longer, and definitely if I was dumped....best for me to avoid that situation as much as is possible.

Yah, so on that note, what the heck am I gonna do with the dweeb that's visiting my dad?

Lol...seems like you've suddenly changed your opinion of this guy... It all sounds a bit weird... I would never visit the dad of a girl I'm just halfway dating, what gives? I've got the feeling - maybe look around for someone who lives closer to you, get a relationship where things are a bit more tangible, and with someone who's actually got time for you instead of always having to make compromises. You don't wanna end of waiting around for nothing. Been there, and it sucks. Bottom line, if he seems to only swim around in his own pond, there are plenty of other fish to bring to shore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast