+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help getting over being dumped!

Help getting over being dumped!

Having a difficult time getting over break-up.
    Quick back story:
    We started dating a month after she got out of an engagement (2nd one). I moved in after 3 months and we got engaged 2 months later. Sounds more like infatuation than love.
    We didnt spend much time together because of her job
    I spent most of the time with her 2 kids. I did any and everything for her and the kids. She wasnt willing to sacrifice anything.
    She complained about not getting to spend time with friends. I complained about not getting to spend time with her.
    We started looking at houses, planning wedding...
    She then dumps me saying she has feelings for someone else and its not fair to me. Also said she was afraid she would always wonder "what else is out there"
    Said she was going to take time for herself but had a new guy over a week after dumping me.

I asked her if she ever really wanted to marry me. Her answer was " I wanted to want to marry you"

Anyone else ever heard this one before? So, now shes 28 and has been engaged three times (twice in a calendar year) and she has broken it off each time.

NC for 6 weeks but still struggling. I still have her up on this "pedestal" for some reason.

Grass is greener syndrome?
    Commitment-phobe?
    Emotionally Immature?
    Narcissistic Personality?
    All of the above?

Any advice would be great...im sure im better off without her. Just cant convince myself.

Brownsfan, stop trying to analyse what's wrong with her: it's a pointless exercise. Instead, try and figure out what's wrong with YOU that you would continue to work towards marriage with someone who clearly wasn't suited to your needs.

I'm not saying this to be mean to you - I'm trying to give you a well intentioned kick up the rear end.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Very good point. Guess it's not really about her anymore. All about me. At least I know for next time