+ Follow This Topic

Thread: do he really like me or is this a joke?

do he really like me or is this a joke?

so there's this guy who i met at my job. we didn't start speaking until Halloween night but before all that he kept sending me signals that he likes me but i didn't find out until later. Halloween night (this is so ghetto) he gave me his number on a brown paper towel. i thought it was cute at first but now that i look back at it, what was he thinking? when we started texting, it was just simple things but one night, he told me that he had liked me & always had since i started my new job. he told me that he had a crush on me which i thought he was joking and right away he told me i'm not joking, i'm serious. for a while he had texted me many sweet things such as when we're at work, he always smile and get chills because i'm so beautiful and sweet. the guy texted me how he wanted us to be together forever with a fairytale ending. at our job we had this meeting that was early in the morning so when i got there, there was a empty spot near him so i took it. when i sat down, he ignored me & looked like he didn't want me near him but throughout the whole meeting he kept putting his foot on my thigh. so i'm like whatever. once i got home, he texted me how he wanted to ask me a question but wasn't sure if i still like him which I did, and that he had a question to ask me. The question was if i was going to date him or not. i had this good feeling inside telling me this could work so i told him yes. ever since then he texted me i love you or i love you baby girl or really other sweet things just to get inside my pants. December 6th, he texted me in class "i seen what you put on instagram. that guy deserves you more than i do." then when i finally got the chance to text him back, he asked me if i wanted to break up and i explained in a long paragraph to him that i didn't and how the picture wasn't about our relationship at all. i told him that we needed to talk and he comes out saying "let me guess, you want to break up?" the guy just spilled out to me "idk if i can be there for you every time you need me, like i have a really busy schedule & idk if we can ever hangout, you deserve someone better. i don't really have the time for a girlfriend." some part of me died inside and the other was furious but who could be blamed? this past Monday night, when i got off of work it was after 9 and he came sit outside with me. That night was a night to remember. he was all over me, he brought me close to him and we kissed/made out. he told me that he loves me so much and how i'm his little angel. thinking to myself now, i remember how he said we rushed into things but i couldn't remind him, i just got caught up in the moment. forgot to mention this; he's a complete asshole to me around people but the sweetest when it's just us alone.
    so i'm not sure what to do. do i just give up on him or should i be the one to chase him when i know he won't do the same for me?

This guy has issues. You don't date someone who treats you like crap at anytime. He is very immature, doesn't know how to control his hormones, doesn't respect you, and plays mind games,.....stay away from him. When I guy starts saying I love you and all that crap when he barely knows you is a nut case.

Tip: never date someone you work with....now there is no escaping this clown unless one of you quits.

so i'm not sure what to do. do i just give up on him
    Yes, just give up on him. He's dazzling you with his science and you're becoming blind to the fact that he's full of shit. Pay attention to his actions towards you when he's not "trying to get into your pants." That is who he really is and it's NOT A GOOD THING.

Don't be yet another naive, easy piece of ass for this guy. He does not love you (words are just words) his actions clearly show you that. Don't think that actions of making out with you are acts of love. They are NOT they are acts of lust. Distance yourself from him or you will get yourself in emotional trouble with him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think you are just getting all flattered by his attention and overlooking the obvious here. Yes it feels awesome when some guy desires you, says things that gives you butterflies, it's nice for someone to call you his GF BUT it's so easy to get caught up in it when your emotions in a whirl....we have all been there. I hope you see right through this guy like we do, and back away from this situation, despite how good the attention makes you feel.

the attention is what i'm trying to pull away from. like when i'm at work with him, i can't seem to focus at all & puts my work behind. i give into his games & don't know how to pull myself out. the problem is that i turned into someone else, i don't see the same girl i was a month ago. everybody at works knows we're "dating" but as i see it through my eyes & his, we're nothing. my mind is furious & filled with anger right now only because he had lied to me in my face. i simply told him that he needs to text me more & he tells me that something is wrong with his phone when i saw him texting his brother. he had also told me that he was going to a party with his older brother around 1 a.m. knowing the fact he has to be at work, the next morning. he's a follower, a little lost puppy that's following the big dogs. if i try to tell him something, i don't know how he'll react. i've grown so attached to him, i don't want to lose him.

You know what. Everything you've said about yourself leads me to believe that you need psych councelling. You're addicted to his abuse and you have talked yourself into believing that you will die if you actually never **** him again.

Get the help you need to get away from this asshole. Do that and heed the advice you've gotten here and actually apply it instead of just continuing to lament about how he hurts you and about your addiction to the ups and downs he puts you through which you call "grown attached." Time to surgically remove him from you with councelling if thats what it takes to rehab from him.

You are not the first woman to be played by a liar. Sadly you're not the first that thinks she'll never get over one either and you cave to your pain of not being with him instead of being strong and getting over him. Be smart and caring about yourself and stop framing him as some wonderful prize when all he is, is a big box of crap that you keep snorting.

Start putting on some hate for this guy instead of putting him up on a pedestal and convincing yourself that you're addiction to him can't be overcome. You dont' love yourself very much, you don't respect your own emotional health if you keep going back to him and you keep convincing yourself that you're nothing without him. pfffft.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Look hun despite how you feel about him, the reality is he isn't going to be the prince charming you want him to be. He is a jerk and he knows how easy you are to manipulate because you are naive and vulnerable.

There is no magic potion, no special method or words that will transform him into someone who will treat you with respect or be caring and love towards you. He's playing you, and you need to call him out on it and dump him. A rule of thumb is don't go by what they say to you but by their actions.....his actions say he's an ass hole.

Hes narcissistic. Any guy who tells you he loves you and wants to spend his life with you before you have even went on a date is just a shark in disguise pretending to be prince charming but hes actually just plain evil. Stay the hell away from him and dont be so naive in future
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

i understand where your point is coming from. i go see counseling every week for my anxiety since I have GAD but now i will mention how he and what he is doing to my life. my counselor had given me a journal to write down all the good/bad things he say or do to me that affects me and i feel as if the problem is getting better but only to get worse. That's how it usually would go.

I really really hate the fact that when I try to pull away, he always get drawn back in. A few months ago, I was perfectly happy without him and living healthy. Now whenever he pisses me off, I tend to eat more chocolate which I don't usually do, pour my feelings out, take my temper out on everyone but him. You know that I'm honestly scared to tell him how I feel.

It's hard to not to be naive or vulnerable. My mind is telling me to do all these things just to keep him. I never done the things I am doing now since he's been in the picture.

Example: today, I'm by myself sitting down and he went to sit at a table far from me and I'm like good stay over there, then moments later, he comes out of nowhere and sits right next me. then I literally chased him outside because he had taken my ipod from me and outside, he's listening to music so I kindly asked for it back and he's like but I'm listening to music, walking away to sit near a car. Stupid me decides to play with his hair and on the look of his face, he looked like he enjoyed it very well. He told me not to stop so I didn't. I'm so frustrated with this situation, I can't be myself.

Okay, so how do I stay away from him at work? We have two different stations but when we take 2 minutes breaks, I'm quiet minding my business and he comes and messes with me or my ponytail and laughs or he might come mess something up and I would be the one to clean up the mess. It's hard to do that when he's everywhere at work, and when I DO stay away from him, it's like he knows I want the attention from him and gets it one way or another. The attention from him feels so amazing but distracting in the end.

Charge him with harrassment.

i feel as if it's going to have to come to that or if he would just grow up and apologize.