+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How old is too old? I'm 28 and my bf is 46?

How old is too old? I'm 28 and my bf is 46?

I n my gf luv each oder..but der is a guy who is her fnd (not bst frnd) ..for d frst tym she cheated by having adult chats wid him n i forgave her wen she told me only on d warning dat she ll neva talk to him..again she kept on chating wid him via msg n lying to me dat she dnt talk..although dat was nt adult but she cheated me..again i forgave her on her req n she said i prmise i ll neva repeat it..now i gotta knw frm her dat she s chatting wid him via fake id on fb n last ni8 dey talked via phn n started sx chat a bit!!but she stoped him..

Aditionally dat guy is her classmate n exms are going on so dey meet but onb
    gaps..

NOW WHAT SHUD I DO N WAT DO DIS GAL WANT?? PLS HELP...N AGAIN SHE IS SORRY..BUT I SAID ITS OK TO TALK TO A FRND..BT DAT GUY Z A ZERK..PLX HELP

If he's energetic now and lives an active lifestyle and not a couch potato then the chances are in 10 years he's still be that way.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's impossible to say whether it will work. It's impossible to say whether his fitness of health will deteriorate. Age is not always a good indicator of health. I'm in training for a half marathon in February and Im the big 5.0 next week.
    So we can't answer your question. But if you're asking the question this implies you're concerned. For example, do you want kids? If so, imagine him as a new parent as he gets towards 50, or being the father of a stroppy teenage when he's 65.

You're absolutely right, I guess I've never been the big picture kinda gal

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    It's impossible to say whether it will work. It's impossible to say whether his fitness of health will deteriorate. Age is not always a good indicator of health. I'm in training for a half marathon in February and Im the big 5.0 next week.
    So we can't answer your question. But if you're asking the question this implies you're concerned. For example, do you want kids? If so, imagine him as a new parent as he gets towards 50, or being the father of a stroppy teenage when he's 65.
    Sadly, I don't make long term plans this way, all I can think of is that I love him and I don't want to part ways just bcoz he's an older man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiwi View Post
    Sadly, I don't make long term plans this way, all I can think of is that I love him and I don't want to part ways just bcoz he's an older man.
    Then WTF does our opinion matter to you? Jezzus on a popsicle stick O.O
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yes, but if you want children then you NEED to think ahead and his age won't be helpful. Does he already have children from another relationship? If so, would be want to go through all that crap again? These are big issues you can't avoid. If you were the same kind of age, on the same kind of page in life then it wouldn't be an issue. But it is so one way or another you have to think about it. It won't go away if you stick your fingers in your ears and sing 'la la la'

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Then WTF does our opinion matter to you? Jezzus on a popsicle stick O.O
    It will be my wake up call..exactly what I need right now

Yes, but if you want children then you NEED to think ahead and his age won't be helpful. Does he already have children from another relationship? If so, would be want to go through all that crap again? These are big issues you can't avoid. If you were the same kind of age, on the same kind of page in life then it wouldn't be an issue. But it is so one way or another you have to think about it. It won't go away if you stick your fingers in your ears and sing 'la la la'
    He doesn't have kids and we've talked about having kids and he said he's love to.. I think the best way to go is voice my concerns and tell him how I feel about it

He doesn't have kids and we've talked about having kids and he said he's love to.. I think the best way to go is voice my concerns and tell him how I feel about it
    Yes and then he will reassure you of things he can't possibly know because it is the future and you'll live happily ever after until the first problem arises and you no longer do.

Some people are old souls in their 20s and some people in their 40s and 50s are young at heart, depends on how you act and see life whether that age gap really matters.
    If you have a good relationship why doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by somehelp4me View Post
    If you have a good relationship why doubt.
    Because chances are his physical condition and health will deteriorate before hers does.

Because chances are his physical condition and health will deteriorate before hers does.
    Shes not going to leave him anyway so why worry? Just take life one day at a time and hope that you get a good 20 to 30 years with one another and that's that.

Well you are right. The age gap does become an issue. So just enjoy what you have for now, you are still young, then maybe a few years down the road, consider moving on.

I don't think he is expecting you to be a life partner anyways...so I bet he is just enjoying what you have for now.