+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this too cheesy and try-hard?

Is this too cheesy and try-hard?

Basically, this girl whom I know for some time has moved into another city, and the last time we saw each other was some weeks ago.
    We kissed before but as I didn't take any action to go after her, she moved on (no boyfriend yet, though).

Now, on new year (1 Jan 2014), I intend to send her a pic of myself in this type of funny pose:

but I'll be placing a cardboard thing vertical on my laps that says "Happy new year, <name>! Your kisses are awesome!"

I'm thinking of doing this to stand out from the crowd, cos' she has an ocean of friends sending her messages daily, and on new year day, even
    more friends (girls and guys) will be sending her done-to-death messages like "Happy new year blah blah blah", which is too common.

My plan for doing this is to make her thing of me first before I ask her out some days after sending that pic.

Good idea? Or is it too cheesy / try-hard? I was thinking by keeping it playful, all should be well.

Tks!
    Nik
    Last edited by Nikar; 25-12-13 at 06:05 AM.

she has an ocean of friends sending her messages daily, and on new year day, even
    Translates to "attention whore"

Forget her and find a chikeeta that doesn't need all that attention... just yours.

BTW: Chances are high Nothing will stand out to her... she's too busy to even think about it with that ocean of friends fawning over her.

This is my advise: You'd do better to frame yourself as the prize and expect her to email you and she stands out to you then you would framing her as the prize that you have to win over everyone else. He who cares less holds all the power.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-12-13 at 06:41 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She's moved away and you two are not in a relationship of any kind so what's the point? A little too much for a one time kiss.

It's a little hard to say. Funny can be good. Women love funny. But, you say she has "moved on." What exactly do you mean by that? Because, if she was interested in you and was hoping you'd make the first move, but she moved on with nothing happened, then it may be too little too late. I mean, if you guys kissed, that usually means something. Was it like a peck on the cheek, or was it actually on the lips? I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure friends don't usually kiss on the lips. So, if it was a literal kiss, lip to lip contact, then that probably meant something to her.

Did you talk about it at all after it happened? Was it the first time you kissed? Was it the only time so far? Also, have you been in touch with her since? If not, I don't think I'd go with the goofy joke right away. Instead, maybe just a simple message like "Hey, sorry we haven't been it touch in a bit. Miss you. We should get together some time. Happy New Year!" I don't know. Something simple like that. If she wants to still be in touch with you, it will stand out simply because it is you.

If you've still been in touch with her regularly, and basically still seem to be friendly towards each other, then the funny picture might be okay. I'm not too sure about the "your kisses are awesome" part. It could just be me, but I kind of get a vibe that you should just leave that part off. That would maybe have been something to say the day after, not weeks later. But, again, maybe that is just me. Perhaps others can chime in with their thoughts.

She no longer even lives in the same city so what is the point?
    Oh and that photo idea - makes you look like a dick.

I think that picture is hilarious! Fvuck her if she doesn't get it.....send it anyway.

No note about the kisses......Send both as a joke and that's it. Lol
    Last edited by surfhb2; 25-12-13 at 07:32 AM.

Tks for the advice, guys! In particular:

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    It's a little hard to say. Funny can be good. Women love funny. But, you say she has "moved on." What exactly do you mean by that?
    Yeah, "moved on" as in, she has moved on without expecting much to happen between us. We know each other for 8+ months through friends but I was a wimp back. Now my behavior has changed for the better, though.

I mean, if you guys kissed, that usually means something. Was it like a peck on the cheek, or was it actually on the lips? I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure friends don't usually kiss on the lips. So, if it was a literal kiss, lip to lip contact, then that probably meant something to her.
    Yup, it was kisses on the lip. The last time she kissed me was several days ago when she came to town to meet our mutual friends.
    Basically, for that latest kiss, I asked her to kiss me on the cheeks and she did (I didn't want her to kiss my lips this particular time as my lips were oily after eating LOL)

Since there's still some time after new year's day, I'll think about this. One thing to note, though, is that her tolerance level for stuff in general is a lot higher compared to most girls.

Additional feedback would be nice. Tks!
    Merry x'mas!

Ah. So this wasn't a one time only kiss, then. Well, so it does sound like you have still been friendly with one another, and still been in regular contact. So, I actually kind of lean a little more towards thinking your original idea is okay, then. I'm still not sure how I would personally feel about that line, though. If you've never really talked about it before, that might not be the way to start. I still sort of feel like that is something you would say in jest to a girlfriend, not to somebody you have not yet asked out. That could just be me, though. I would think instead maybe just say something else funny/goofy. Like maybe just a "How you doin?" type of thing. That would be pretty funny with the goofy picture you were planning to take.

Again, that could just be me. Another thought... do you know if she is receptive to goofy humor? If you tend to be goofy around her, and she seems to enjoy your goofyness, then that is all the more proof that she'd probably get a kick out of your message. For my part, when I am able to trust somebody enough to open up around them, I like to be very goofy. That is just who I am. So, my favorite kinds of people in life are either those who are goofy too, or those who at least appreciate and enjoy the goofyness of others even if they may not be much of a goof themselves.

LOL tks EvilJester! Yeah, she can accept goofy humour lol
    Anyway, I'll send it on new year day and see how it goes

Can you send it to her as a framed photo through the mail rather than electronically? That would be more unique.

What is your end game here? Do you want an LDR? How far away is she? Is that feasible? If you can't be together what's the point of doing all this?