+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice

Need Advice

So here is a quick back story. I was going out with this girl for about 5 months and we got in to a fight because she didn't want to come see me which I was fine with but she lied and said she was going home but instead went to a friends house. I said oh cool what friend and she told me it didn't matter what friends house she was at. This made me pissed because I thought it was shady we started screaming at each other and we both said things that we shouldn't have said. I haven't text her since then its been over 3 months and I got text from her 2 days ago this is what it said. "In the spirit of Christmas I am texting you to apologize for cutting you out of my life. I never expected you to threaten me with my job and in my mind that was not necessary. I apologize for any wrong that I may have done to you and hope that we can lat it all go and put it in the past.you do not have to respond to this message but I needed to apologize for myself. Have a safe and happy new year." Im not to sure how to take this, some of my friends think she want to put it in the past and start over but I'm not to sure so Im just looking for some advice thanks in advance.

Sounds like she was clearing the air. If she has any right mind at all she won't give an asshole who threatened her job another chance.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

... and on the other side of That coin: This does not mean she wants to start up with you again. I suggest you ignore it and get on with your life with someone that won't feel she needs to lie to you about where she's going.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just ignore it and move on
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree with Michelle, ignore that text. All she wants is to clean her conscious so she no longer have any guilt on her end. I telling you this out of personal experience.