+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Been feeling miserable, she loves him.

Been feeling miserable, she loves him.

I met her at work. I didn't think much of it when I first met her. She was cute and funny. Outgoing.
    Fast forward to 5 months later, she moved to my department and that's when we started to really talk to one another. We exchanged numbers and we'd text back and fourth until 2AM. Then she would text me to see how I'm doing, and I'd do the same thing.
    She was a fun person, loved to talk about different things. It just felt like we clicked. We would joke around alot, and she would always just be a fun person to be around. I went went bowling with her sisters which was fun.
    Later I found that she helps people. She's a caring giving person. And beautiful. Inside and out. That's when I realized I fell for her. I realized I was in trouble. She noticed and got distant. It was a long summer of confusion and being miserable because of that. I tried to hide it but obviously it showed. Later I admitted it, and we became close again. I Felt like things were going back to the way it was because we have not really text in a while or just sat down to talk. We'd go out for lunch, and get coffee as well.
    These past couple of weeks, I was finishing my finals. We both been to busy to do anything. But I was looking forward to take her out on Friday. Then it happened. I saw an announcement on Facebook. She hooked up with one of my other co workers(who quit). Since then I been feeling isolated. Combine that with finding out an old friend commited suicide the same day I found out. I felt alone.

She still comes around and talks. She still approaches me to talk to me. I guess I should be thankful for that. But it hurts too because I care so much about her but i can never be with her.
    She's been the closest friend I got. I fell in love with who she was. She knows how I feel, she knows that I did feel bad after finding out about her new relationship. But she still comes around to talk. I been keeping my distance and just trying to be positive about the whole thing.
    I guess I should be happy for her. If you care about someone so much, you gotta let them be happy. Even if it means your left behind. I feel so irrelevant right now. I been going for long drives late at night in the city, not knowing where i'm going. I go to downtown, try to take my mind off of it. But with new years approaching, seeing the ice skaters ate Pershing Square where I wanted to take her. I just realize how alone i am. I feel myself slowly drifting into depression.
    And I been losing a lot of weight. People ask if I'm running, but I hardly run right now. I try to get over her, I talk to other women but none of them click. All I can think of is her.

I got another friend who has a boyfriend who lives in Europe. Basically they're pen pals. She likes to hang out with me. We met this past semester. Now here's the funny part. Felt good to have her around because I felt like I can forget about my friend at work. I realize I have a hard time feeling the same way for her. i think it's because I realize I'm just looking for a replacement for what I feel. But it's mainly the fact that she has a long distance relationship and kid. So ya, I know it's smart to just not go that route. But she has been asking me to get the same class as her. IDK..

I don't want to be bitter about this, I'm just confused. Initially I felt on top of the world. This girl would text me all the time. Now I just feel buried and phased out like I was nothing.

Start making moves on girls. Don't be their friends(if you want to date them). If you do make move and get rejected, treat it as if they died.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Start making moves on girls. Don't be their friends(if you want to date them). If you do make move and get rejected, treat it as if they died.
    I know, with this one it was different. I didn't intend on feeling this way. Shes attractive but initially I wasn't attracted to her. Wasn't until we became closer friends. When I realized there was something about her.

Blah blah blah. You should've grown a sack and kissed her. She's not different.

thought about that, but then again, we're co workers. Too much risk in that. I been trying to find a better job(which I been doing before I got close with her), and I was gonna come back for her. Apparently this guy had the same idea.

I'm just confused, this came out of nowhere. Funny is that she agreed we should go to downtown after the semester, 3 days before I saw her announcement.

She may not be different but apparently he feels differently about her, therefore he isn't going to treat her like some random.

I think that you should communicate this with her and then keep your options open. If she cant or isn't willing to give you the same feelings that you have for her then it will be in your best interest to cut off all contact and move on with your life.

Feeling differently doesn't matter. You still have to act the same..or else you end up in the situation he finds himself in currently.

"Too much risk"?? Dude doesn't even deserve this chick. Grow a ****ing sack.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGirl View Post
    She may not be different but apparently he feels differently about her, therefore he isn't going to treat her like some random.

I think that you should communicate this with her and then keep your options open. If she cant or isn't willing to give you the same feelings that you have for her then it will be in your best interest to cut off all contact and move on with your life.
    I know, I figured I should. But just after I find my way out of this job. Because it would be easier to move on after I'm gone.

We're still good friends. She knows how I feel for her, but she still comes around to talk to me.

We have almost the same case, also I've waited for so long for her (4-5 years). been there always for her. If she needs assistance she always calls me for help. I didn't bother though that i was giving to much for her, but after a while I have the chance to make love with her, just to know that she is still inlove with his x boyfriend, after a 2-3 months having a affair with her, I've decided to let her go, so that she could see if who she really wants, because I always wanted the best for her and i don't want to compromise with her options, I'd better be lonely than making her stay with me with confused and infatuated feelings. Then after a month without a communication she told me in a email, she is dating with her x, but I didn't know that It was her x boyfriend who was sending me emails ( Until I figure it out after a year that it wasn't her). so decided not to have any communications with her. the case was, after 6 months, she called on the phone and did tell me that her grandparents died, I comforted her, and without any proper conversation with the past events, we became friends (bestfriends) again, I wanted to move on with my life without her, because seeing her is like making myself realize how much I should be by her side. I've always been thinking how i can stay away from her, she seems to be moved on with her love for me, but for me, I've been too stagnant with the feeling. until the late november, she was dating with someone, she seems to be serious to the guy, I've been seeing their sweet pictures in facebook. but still we see each other because we belong to group of friends, It hurts me alot, Its like someone slapping me on my face, but i did'nt have any option but stay still with what i see and live with the pain. IMO, being bitter can help you to get over her, unfriend her in your facebook account, delete her number etc. moving on is helping yourself out of her world. It is okay to think about yourself once for a while its not being selfish, Its about self respect.