+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fell in love and I want to wait for him

I fell in love and I want to wait for him

My story is a little long, but it's one of those that makes me feel like I'm in some sort of movie. Please help me.

Ok let's start with me failing my a levels. Later I started at a new science school and we were taken to the science museum. We were there all the students getting to know each other where all of a sudden I came across this one student teaching another how to speak German. It was as if all my attention went to this one individual and I just felt something instantly (his German speaking wasn't what pulled me in although it was pretty impressive) but I felt something strange inside. I had asked him what he wanted to do after college and he said to become a pilot. We had a laugh that day and became friends. That was on the 20th September 2012. Since then we have been texting. A girl from one of our classes had a party. We were texting each other about who would get drunk first, just being friendly and making each other laugh. It ended up me getting drunk and he stayed sober the night. I was dancing and I noticed him staring the whole time. Every time I walked out the room he followed. I was quite drunk to be honest and it got to the point where he just stayed with me; he was looking after me, making sure did nothing silly. We ended up me and him on a lounge sofa, me leaning on him, his arms around me, waiting for me to sober, at the same time my head leaning on his, and him stroking and caressing my hair. He watched me get into my dad's car to go home and asked me to text when I got home. I told him how I felt the next day and thought I'd embarrass myself, the he said, "do you know what darling, the feelings mutual, and has been since the science museum trip". I never felt anything so wonderful and full fulling as being with him. We created so many trips, holidays, laughter and memories. We had so much love for each other and we had so much faith. The first time we were on the plane he said "I hope that this will be me one day, and I hope to take you flying around the whole world". How wonderful I felt with him. His mum is disabled, their relationship is very close. I grew a close relationship with her also, she called me family and kissed me on the forehead. He ended it with me. Our pressure was immense with a levels we started to speak less but still felt strong. He decided to sacrifice me, because in his head he wants to do well, he loves his mum and family and wants a successful career for them to enjoy. That meaning at the same time, he is a career person. He also said that he never wants to be in a relationship anymore and never wants to get married. He loves his mum and wants to look after her, and I respect that. I cried for days, and so did his mum, but I don't think she knows the true reason, only that we cannot spend enough time. A recent nye party, and we both went, he kept a friendship distance, but was still keeping an eye on me secretly... later I thanked him. We both still love eachother, he has many sensitive, tender qualities to him and doesn't want to tell me incase it will upset me. Reality though, pilots do spend a long time from home, but when he comes back I suppose he wants to spend it with his mum and look after her. But I know he will always love me and I will always love him. Right now we are slowly pushing our feelings for each other at the back of our heads because it's the only way forward, but it's s there.*

My question is, do you think he will change he his mind about not wanting to be married? I've let him go, and I am willing to wait a few more years to see what will happen, even if I will meet other people. But I believe in destiny, I believe I failed my A levels for a reason, I could have ended up else where do finish them. Also, he gave up a cabin crew job to come to our school. (I am 19 and he is 20). All these small things, we wouldn't have met, but only by chance... and now I believe it's faith. Do you think someone can lead an unmarried life? Knowing that you have already met the love of your life?

I know you are desperately at a loss (hence the multiple threads) but it won't get you to where you want to be. you will get the same advice no matter how many threads you start.

Omg your only 19 and 20? Please do not waste this fun time in your life. If he really wanted to be with you he would make it work. Period. He doesn't care about u as much as u think. Trust me. When your in love, u make sacrifices for it. Sounds like his job and family are number 1 and 2, and you are number 3. Being a pilot is his passion I get it. I'm very passionate about my career too but the fact that he doesn't want to even try to make it work means he doesn't really care. Sounds like he doesn't care about having a gf right now and he's even told u that. Listen to him.

I do believe that anyone can change their mind when it comes to marriage but it is VITAL that you do not waste your youth waiting on him. I think you should find out soon what he plans to do for definite. In my opinion you should not spend years waiting for him. If he is right for you then he will do whats best for you. Hope this helps.