+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, what went wrong here? Was it my fault?

Guys, what went wrong here? Was it my fault?

A year ago, I moved into a flat and I got 5 new roommates. 2 girls and 3 guys. And they were all close friends and really nice to me since the begining. But one of them, let's call him G., seemed to take a special interest in me.

One night, we had a party. And G. would spend all night with me, talking about anything. He's one of those jokers, so we really got along. And I felt the attraction then, but since I was still hung up on someone else and was drunk-texting him (and G. saw that), I didn't really notice, you know. However, later that night, when I stopped texting that guy, and G. and I were alone, drinking that one drink and just sat there in silence with serious awkward silence and tension...one of the roommates kept bothering us. And G. told him he's bothering us, but that dude just didn't care. So I got a little annoyed and I left to the toilet. And when I came back 5min later, G. was gone and I just went to bed.

After that, we would hang out in the mornings, when others were still sleeping and just talk about anything. We had so much in common it was insane and I fell for him like I haven't fell for anyone before. When I first met him, he was this short unattractive guy and then he was all I could think about. He would ask for my phone number once and texted me once, but after that never again. I would always text him. Occasionally. And I got frustrated, because I still felt like he liked me but I wasn't completely sure and just couldn't risk losing him. So I went along with it. And we would spend time together, he would play on the guitar for me, mentioned I'm pretty in stupid jokes, teased me, he even put up with a friend of mine he clearly did not like. And then, we hung out less and less and then he finished school and moved a few blocks away. A month later, I visited him and it was like old times. We talked for two hours straight. And then we lost contact completely. I felt like I was forcing him to stay in contact, since I always texted him first. He would sometimes text hours later, which was weird, since I always saw him with a phone in his hand. And so a year went by and I thought I got over him, but I still think about him occasionally. The only way to contact him is through Facebook, since I threw the phone number away to restrain myself from calling him.

(he was in a long term relationship about two years before I met him and the girl dumped him. he is 3 years older than me. we were roommates for 6 months.i know he wasn't seeing anyone else at the time, but he still resented his ex.we never got into a fight or anything.)

I wasn't with anyone else since and I feel like he's standing on my way. And ever since I wonder if it was me that did something wrong? Was something up with him? If he's the one that got away? Should I contact him or just forget about it? Just need some help here. Thanks guys, I know it's long.

Why did you never communicate your interest to him, during all the years you lived with him?

Since you live reasonably close to each other, I think you should ask him out for a cup of coffee. You can tell him in person that you "used to have a crush on him"... if he says "actually me too" (or something equivalent to that), you can tell him "actually I still like you... how about we go on an actual date and see what happens ?". It's worth a shot. Even if he doesn't reciprocate your interest, at least you will have closure and will be able to move on.
    Last edited by searock; 02-01-14 at 03:31 PM.

You've got nothing to lose by contacting him. Good luck.