+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I let it go?

Should I let it go?

I am with my boyfriend for almost 8 years. We meet at sixth form. We have grown up together.

I love him with all my heart and he knows that, but a month ago he told me he is a very bad person and made very big mistake because he has a child with another woman and the child is now 5 years old. I am so heart broken, I told him he should go and be with his kid, but he told me he never want to be with his child's mum. He said he doesn't even know how he got her pregnant, he think he was drug by her at the bar where he met her, he said he couldn't remember sleeping with her at all. Only about a year ago he found out he has a daughter. He told me when he found out he has a child with her, he even went to his solicitor because she raped him. I find it really hard to believe him, but I know I still love him. Many of you probably will say he is just making up stories.

Right now I am really confused I have not made up my mind yet because what if he is telling the truth should I stay?

I don't think she drugged or raped him.

Drunk and can't really remember much? Maybe.

How does he know this kid is even his, if he can't remember anything? Had a DNA test been done?

Why are you asking us what you should do? Since you've come here to ask strangers, I'd say that you're looking for permission to stay with him even though your gut is telling you to dump him but you're afraid to because you've practically grown up with this man and you're afraid to be without him.

Its your decision what you do. I will say that if you want to be sure, then you will do your own sleuthing here and ask for proof that he went to a lawyer (there should be and invoice of some kind he can show you) there should be a paternity test done to prove the child is indeed his and this woman isn't just a scammer and anything else you can think of that would help you to prove his story as correct.

When it comes to infidelities, then I think that he should be considered guilty until proven innocent when you have the upfront information that you currently have. Your choice what you do with that information.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion