+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GUYS: Should I be offended that my boyfriend asked me for a threesome?

GUYS: Should I be offended that my boyfriend asked me for a threesome?

He said he would do a MFM threesome if I agreed to a FMF threesome but I never even mentioned wanting a threesome. What does this mean? Does he not like me anymore, should I be offended?
    Last edited by valeriegarcia18; 18-01-14 at 01:45 PM.

1) No, it doesn't mean he does not like you anymore, at least not in and of itself. All it means on it's own is that he wants to have a threeway. Are there any indications that he doesn't like you anymore to go along with this?

2) It's not really anyone's place to tell you whether or not you should be offended, but by reading your post you sound extremely opposed to the idea so just let him know that you don't want to do it and if he respects that enough not to try to force the issue...problem solved, yes?
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

I would have my doubts too, but maybe he just wants to spice up your sexual life, or maybe that's a fantasy that he has had for a long time. If you feel comfortable, talk to him to see if it is something he wants to do once, or more than once? Just so you're clear, and both of you are on the same page.

Just be honest to yourself and don't do anything you don't feel like doing or will regret later on. He should respect your decision.

Also... if you agree to do it.. use protection! (all of the involves) you never know.

Whether or not you *should be* offended is beside the point. You are perfectly entitled to your feelings whatever they are.

So how do you feel and what do you want to do about it? If you have conflicting emotions, it's OK to share those too.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Whether or not you're offended is up to you... Do you want a threesome? If not, tell him so. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by valeriegarcia18 View Post
    He said he would do a MFM threesome if I agreed to a FMF threesome but I never even mentioned wanting a threesome. What does this mean? Does he not like me anymore, should I be offended?
    This is case to case basis, it depends how open-minded you are. In my case, its a big no.

In my opinion warning bells are going off, because he seems to think that purposely offering MFM to you will encourage your decision. That is a scumbag move. He is not approaching you with this with your feelings in mind. More often than not the guy will back out when it's time for MFM. I feel he is just trying to suck you into the idea, when clearly he knows you have an issue with it.

If I had a BF approach me on this, in this manner, I would just simply end the relationship....but that's just me because it's something I would not consider when being in a committed relationship.

To answer the OP's question, by him asking to include other people to have sex with you mean he is finding you less appealing or boring in bed? possibly, maybe not. This could be just a personal interest with him to having an open sex life, which is not for everyone. So sad that he approaches you with this so late in the game, now you are stuck because you care for him and you are confused about whether his feeling for you are true or not. Obviously this needs further discussion with him, and see how he reacts to your how you feel about it.

I would ask him if he had other relationships that included sex with others outside the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by valeriegarcia18 View Post
    What does it mean that you didn't tell him to go FHS

*translates to Fvck HimSelf
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Whether or not you're offended is up to you... Do you want a threesome? If not, tell him so. It's that simple.
    ahhh... if only it were that simple.

From the op's other thread:
    How to get my boyfriend interested in me again?
    I feel like he's lost interest in me, I don't know why but is there anything I can do to get him interested again?
    Op, dump the chump. This is way more then you just telling him you don't want to have a threesome. You don't try to stay with someone that makes you make multiple threads about them and how they make you so unhappy. DO learn to know whether you should be offended or not without asking strangers. If you have personal boundaries in place and someone tries to cross them, then you'd know that you should be offended without our help.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yes, you should be offended. He doesn't care about you.
    Last edited by toknow; 20-01-14 at 01:01 PM.

You know you try to be understanding without offending the OP, but I just feel we are being taken advantage of here with posters complaining about the same person on many different threads, not taking our advice, WASTING OUR TIME