+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any ideas where to start off friends?

Any ideas where to start off friends?

I lost most of my friends in HS , because i put to much importence on my gf and i dont have enough friends nowadays especially my age ( im 18) theyr mostly 20 and older (hence they have more things to do in their lives). I dunno where to start off with new friends ...its not like HS where you just hang out, guess i could start with adult school.( forgot theyr moslty older ppl)

suggestions?

What? You a recluse? I mean it's kinda of obvious, isn't it? To meet people, go where people go. Coffe shops, galleries, museums. What have you. I've always enjoyed going to art gallery shows and openings.
    Speak less. Say more.

no buddy , i JUST got out of relationship TODAY...all i did was work, go to school , stay with my girl and each others family and i hanged out with about 3 of my friends...iv been doing this for more than a year now and i lost touch of 95% of my friends , cuz i dint have enough time to go out . I m not recluse...i was just to busy until know and i wanna let loose now that i came out of an abusive relationship...you might think its too fast but if it were you in my shoes , you would have run away from that woman a long time ago instead of *working it out* ...she was nuts. ...just need some time to forget her and find some new friends thats all.

Well, look at it as an opportunity to pick and chose a entirely new circle of friends and acquaintances. Think of the kinds of people you want or don't want to know, then pick the places the ones you want to know are likely to go, and start hanging out there.
    Speak less. Say more.

Thanks for the tips WHAY...i know ill happen eventually .

Tone Guest
    I was in the exact situation as you. It's hard but just try to get in touch with some of your old friends again - and like Hayward said - just be open to making new friends.

Most importantly - make sure you don't let this happen again. It's never healthy to make your significant other your ENTIRE life. Cause when she leaves you feel like you lost everything.