+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this guy crazy? Crazy date!

Is this guy crazy? Crazy date!

Hey guys!
    I went yesterday on a third date with a guy. He's an opera singer. We live an hour away and this time i was visiting him.
    We went to a restaurant, had a few drinks, the connection was there..it was a really nice part of the date.
    Then we went to his place. (holding hands and kissing)
    As we arrived, I told him to play something on youtube. And he, of course, played a few opera songs.
    I listened carefully. didnt say a word, but at the third song the singer had a funny mustache so I made a comment about how harsh he looks with the moustache. He immeadiately responded with not such a nice tone: "why don't you shut up and listen????"
    I was shocked..I told him I just said something about a guys moustache but he said I was making fun of him (and i guess he took it sooo personally). He said he was trying to share something personal with me and that I couldnt keep my mouth shut. I didnt like how he spoke to me to I said I think id better go.
    He didnt say anything, he didnt try to stop me. It was late, I didnt know where the train station was.
    So as I was putting my shoes on I told him I won't manage on my own. So he put on his coat and said he'll take me to a taxi station. but on the way he said that I should appologize and stuff like that and he spoke in such a manner that i said: you know what, i'll go alone. And he said ok. He left me in the middle of nowhere..I watched him, he never looked back.
    And today he didnt call or leave a message and i dont think he will..ever.
    My question is..can a normal person react like that? I mean a man, cause women are known to have crazy reactions :p
    Or was is my fault? Is he's a jerk or is he a jerk?
    Thank you!

He had a fantasy of how would react when he played the music and what type of girl you would be, and when you responded like a human being with your own emotions and thoughts, he didn't like that because it broke his fantasy. Seems to me he's more suitable for a porcelain doll than a human being because, first of all, a real MAN wouldn't just leave a woman in the middle of nowhere. It's just as worse as a woman leaving a guy in the middle of nowhere...especially late at night. Anything bad could have happened to you, and if he did that, he's not relationship material at all.

Bottom line: Even if he would call, don't even grace him with the respect of an answer.

It only gets worse from here. Don't ever contact him again.

What he should have done is laughed with you or at the least, smiled at your reaction.
    Last edited by toknow; 21-01-14 at 12:23 PM.

Be thankful he showed his true colours before you wasted any more time on him
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think "jerk" is an inappropriate description of this guy. "Bipolar/psychopath", on the other hand, just might fit.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

He is a jerk. There are more tactful ways to show displeasure. You dodged a bullet.

Definitely a jerk.

He could be dangerous. He is not emotionally stable and is very controlling.
    Get as far away as you can and never look back.

At least you were tactful. Well compared to what I would say...
    I wonder how he would react if you said, "Who listens to this stupid crap?"
    I bet shit would have came out of his ass.
    The guy is a weirdo.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Ya I was thinking werdo too......