+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to forget someone that you liked so much?

How to forget someone that you liked so much?

There is this guy that I really like and I feel that he tests me like shit, he is hot and cold all the time and it does drive me nuts. I want to get over him, any advise on how to do that? Thanks

Unfortunately, this is one of those things where there is not much advice that can be given. Honestly, the best thing you can do is go cold turkey, so to speak. Cut off all contact with him. Expunge him from your life. In time, you will realize that you are much better off without him. In time, you will find a guy who will treat you right. In time, you will get over him on your own. Unfortunately, when you get smitten by somebody, it can sometimes be hard not to try to ignore their flaws, even when they are glaring and obvious like this guy. You don't want to wind up with somebody who treats you like garbage, or treats you like you are not a priority. You deserve to be somebody's queen, and they to be your king. You will find that some day. Don't waste your time on a court jester.

... LOL! See what I did there? Cuz... cuz I'm TheEvilJester....

Yeah... admittedly that was bad even for me. LOL!

Seriously, though, good luck! :-)

You can't just forget someone, but you can live with the fact it's over. In my opinion, I'd just focus on yourself and get some distance from him. Then you can find the time to emotionally prepare yourself to meet someone new and eventually start dating. And if he continues to treat you like shit when you try to be friends, cut him out of your life.

Thanks. That's awesome to have a guy view. I will do so

Thanks Rowen you always been helpful

As others have said, go cold turkey.

Delete his number so you don't get the urge to text him, keep your self busy so you don't sit thinking about him.

Eventually things will get easier, you won't forget them and your feelings probably won't just disappear, but you will learn to calm your feelings for him down.

Step 1. Realise he's a cunt.
    Step 2. Realise you deserve much better.

It takes some time but you can get to the blissful stage of indifference to ANYone if you are convicted enough to stay away from them and ignore any contact they may try to initiate. First you have to be convicted enough to keep that boundary though. If you don't, then you'll remain stagnated where you currently are, emotionally.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 27-01-14 at 10:45 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion