+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I the problem? What should I do?

Am I the problem? What should I do?

I met this guy on internet, we went out for a date and now he doesn't talk to me as much as he used to :/
    I wonder if I'm the problem because I'm a little shy and I don't speak to loud, I'm doing great at school and when I was with him I didn't know what to say, it was hard for me to make and keep conversation. I'm lost, I don't know what to do except blame myself any tips or something?

Are you shy and don't know what to say with everyone, or was it just him? If you were at a loss of things to say with him, then perhaps you simply don't have enough in common. Or perhaps he's poor at conversation as well. It takes two to hold up a good conversation.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Are you shy and don't know what to say with everyone, or was it just him? If you were at a loss of things to say with him, then perhaps you simply don't have enough in common. Or perhaps he's poor at conversation as well. It takes two to hold up a good conversation.
    We've been talking for a month and everything was going well, he used to send me hearts on Facebook, talk about me to his friends… we had a lot of things in common, he used to be the first one to send me messages (hey/hello/how are you doing today cutie…) now I see him online on Facebook and he doesn't even say hi, and that's killing me I don't really care if he doesn't want us to be in couple but I keep wondering what's my problem and what I could do to change it. He wants us to meet each other Saturday with some of his friends but I don't know if I'm going, I'm afraid he asked me that just to be nice

Conversation in real life is very different to chatting on the internet. I can't tell you what went wrong....but if you can generally hold up your end of the conversations when you're with people, then it may well have been him letting down the conversation.

The upshot is that we ALL have had dates which don't work out. The only time to start worrying is if you find a pattern of the same thing going bad with new dates.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thank you :')

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Conversation in real life is very different to chatting on the internet. I can't tell you what went wrong....but if you can generally hold up your end of the conversations when you're with people, then it may well have been him letting down the conversation.

The upshot is that we ALL have had dates which don't work out. The only time to start worrying is if you find a pattern of the same thing going bad with new dates.
    OMG apparently he was just hanging out with friends and didn't have time to talk to me… I think the problem was me, I'm extremely jealous
    Shame on me
    It's so embarrassing