+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good dating advice book suggestions??

Good dating advice book suggestions??

Hey Guys.. could really use some input here! I've seen a ton of dating advice books (mostly for women) but does anyone know of good ones for men? I work a LOT and would rather ask for input than 1,000 different books. Friends' advice / members on other forums got me to these three... but please send other suggestions if you have some!

1) The Guys Guide to Romance - James Bassil
    2) The Art of the Approach - Logan Edwards
    3) Magic Bullets - Nick Savoy

Has anyone heard of or read any of these? Want to get started ASAP so please help!

It's not a book but if you go to youtube and type in "Sean Stephenson How to create deep attraction." Don't let the title or his appearance throw you off. He manages to steer clear of the darker elements of dating while still keeping it real.

As personal advice to you, (unless you simply need a few tweeks) is not to think any 1,2, or 10 books is going to do anything but give you some good leads and food for thought. Understanding, and implamenting what you learn is a process. IMO if you read a relationship book and think it has answered more questions than it has raised, you havent gotten much out of it.

My last piece of advice is to steer clear of tips and tricks books. Mentioning you should hold good eye contact (for example) without discussing what leads someone to not naturally hold good eye contact is vacuous. It's like showing someone a solved rubix cube and saying, "This is what it should look like" then instructing you to peel all the stickers off and arrange them so all sides match. The person hasn't learned how to solve the problem, they only know how to create the appeance that it has been solved.

Make relationships a life long study. Take no short cuts. Good luck. =)

Steer clear of books as they are written for simpletons and the niaive. What you really need is a spellcaster. Now as it happens my friend is a registered spellcaster and he's told me he'll cast a spell that guarantees (*) that you'll be shagging like a rabbit with a variety of women within hours (*) of the spell being cast. He asks for a small contribution of 100 euros via PayPal.

* - does not constitute a contract and/or guarantee.

Instead of investing in a book to lead you to love, analyze your past relationships when you have a breakup, and learn from them. That's advice for free; you didn't have to buy any book.

Don't read books about dating.. cause every person is different and you'll have to read thousands of books. Also, they will teach you some routines which will lead you to fail when you will have to on your own.

Thanks guys.. I appreciate the feedback.

THX.. insightful and well-articulated reply.. I really appreciate it.

I know that its kind of weird to read up on this stuff, but I just need a little guidance. I see it like reading a textbook for any other subject.. except my university never offered a dating class. Lol.

I got Magic Bullets because a female friend had heard of it. Good stuff, but not what I expected. I wish it covered more about college dating because that’s the area I am most interested in right now, but still really useful info.

It’s highly structured and analytical.. The part on storytelling was great because I think it is a good tool to convey personality (and is definitely something I need to work on). Really easy to navigate on iPad (I got it as an eBook). Ill be checking out a few more titles and let you guys know if I find any good stuff. Cheers!

Jeff

Whaleshark. While I don't know the specific content in Magic Bullets, I'm aware in a general sense what it is about. While all products like it suffer from varying degrees of douchyness, there's one over riding idea that is expressed that is critical if you want to get better at anything. You have to practice. If there is a comfort zone barrier to getting in that practice, that must be delt with as well.

Yeah that was actually the most important element I think I walked away with; Practice. On that note, I remember a teacher once correcting me and saying "Practice doesn't make perfect; Perfect practice makes perfect," meaning that if I practice the wrong things 1,000 times, it would be very inefficient compared to practicing the right things at half that amount. My goal in checking out a few books is just to gather some information from people who have been there before (i.e. approached more women than me, been on more dates, etc.). Someone also once told me that learning from others who have had more experience is like "standing on the shoulders of giants," making your learning curve start at a much higher level.