+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could this be making moving on difficult?

Could this be making moving on difficult?

I've posted before that my ex is an abuse, creep. I feel no more romantic feeling, there's too much hurt and anger for me to really let myself feel that for him anymore. Even so, I know deep down, I unfortunately still care, I find myself wanting to share with him things that happened in my day (I don't actually do so but the desire is still there) and, I still get upset when I see him flirt with other girls, that makes me think, I'm just not over it!

Let me say, my ex is mental, I found out, he has hacked my email, and has stalked me on another forum I go to...it has been very disturbing knowing, he's still trying to keep track of me.

That aside, the emotional part of me (perhaps the part that still has feelings is all mixed up about this).

I just don't understand how someone can be so seemingly obsessed with me, but not actually love me. Because I know he doesn't love me, he is always flirting/pursuing other people, women and men (he's bisexual). And he does things to intentionally hurt me too.

Another thing that throws me is that at other times, he seems to be genuinely interested in what I say and do, and even offers advice??? It's so confusing because, no one else I talk to really even cares half as much to get to know me like he does!

I'm a lonely person so a part of me does respond to his attention, as much as I despise him, it feels as though he's all I've got, and I don't want him to be because he hurts me.

Is all this just giving me mixed signals and making it that much harder to get over him?

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to just forget about him and be ok on my own. But I'm thinking I'll never be free of him as long as I'm lonely, I just don't know what to do anymore.

I have absolutely no clue of what he's trying to do by flirting with other girls (could be trying to get you jealous that he doesn't miss u much, but that's just a wild guess).

The things you feel that u still need him in your life is just because you don't have anyone else. U say u r alone but that will never help. U'll hv to open up. Maybe try to find a person that listens to u and actually cares, and trust me its not that difficult. U personally don't need "HIM" , u just need someone who shows concern towards u and it need not always be him. So find a friend dats always there to listen to u .And seeing you move on with your life I see no point dat he'll disturb or stalk u anymore

take care

Hatred and anger are still strong emotions. You can't hate someone you don't care about. You'll know you're over him when you become indifferent.

That'll come in time. How long has it been since you broke up? You probably need to allow yourself to be angry at him for a while and then you'll find that you move to indifference.
    I had this before with an ex who cheated on me (3 times after I stupidly took her back twice!!). After that she still wouldn't leave me alone and I really had a strong dislike of her. I just didn't rise to anything she did. Ignored all attempts she made to contact me, blocked her email and social media. Ultimately I had to get a flatmate to remove her from outside our house with threats to call the police. Eventually she gave up. I don't hate her anymore, I'm just indifferent. I haven't seen her since and probably never will but if I saw her again I'd wish her well.

My point is, you need to find a way to get him out of your life. There is no point in keeping someone around who makes you unhappy. Block every means he has to contact you and allow yourself the time to be mad at him for a while. Then just start doing things for yourself again. Go join clubs or classes or anything you think you might enjoy. That way you'll learn new things and make some friends, eventually the indifference will come once you get the focus off of him and onto you.

good luck
    Last edited by r321148; 01-02-14 at 10:28 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are just afraid of the unknown future. Been there. One foot in front of the other, you'll be fine... better than fine. Believe it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thank you all for the advice, I think I really do just need someone, or something new to focus on..and if it's a "someone" a person that's a lot healthier..if I ever do find him out there.