+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ever hear of this happening?

ever hear of this happening?

I was watching a movie(yes i know its fake) and this guy and girl were with each other for over a year. They were dating and everything was going great. They were intimate, didn't have a lot of fights or arguments and out of nowhere the girl broke up with him saying, something along the lines of, "i love you but you are too good of a friend, yes you are my boyfriend, but you are also my friend and i don't want to risk losing that, so i think we should stop seeing each other"

Ummm can that really happen?

Only if the guy is a total doormat and the woman doesn't have the courage to tell him the truth about wanting to break up.

So yes, this could and probably does, happen. He must have been no good in bed.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

bump for intrest

of course it could. crazy s hit happens everyday dont you know? the most similar situation ive heard of is my friends bf dumped his previous gf after two years randomly one day. he said he just lost feelings. im sure theres more to the story tho I just heard the story from her point of view not his

It can happen that someone can use that as an excuse, but it would be an excuse. The real reason she broke up with him wasn't what she said, it was that she wasn't attracted to him anymore… the passion died out. But she still wanted to keep him in her life because she loved him, just not romantically. Happens all the time.

There's no such thing as being "too good of a friend" with your partner. The better friends you are, the better the relationship.

eh i would hate to go through it