+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any real use for astrological signs and stuff?

Is there any real use for astrological signs and stuff?

I've read quite a few postings that seem to put down the use of Astrology (calling it bunk or 'new age' bull, etc.), probably for a good reason. but maybe not?

I read the books about how the signs of the person's Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Venus, Mars, and Mercury offer some telling information, much more than just the Sun sign.

Am I being misled?

I would never tell anyone that their belief is wrong. If you are happy with your beliefs then good luck to you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's 100% bullshit, but pretty harmless unless people are planning their life around it.

I don't think its bullshit. I have done a few different birth chart readings online for different people as well as tarot readings and they are spot on. My birth chart reading described me in soo much detail it was unbelievable.

It will even say in your birth chart if your faithful or not and what career suits you and who your compatible with. Its usually fairly accurate. I did one on my ex out of curiousity and cheating came up on his 5times and guess what? He cheated.. it even explains what type of cheat they are

Look out for uranus, jupiter or neptune in the 5th, 7th or 8th house and avoid venus in gemini like the plague
    Last edited by michelle23; 07-02-14 at 08:51 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Are you familiar with what cold reading is?

No? Never heard of it

This is cold reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

It's fun to read and have fun with and somethings are true as far as personality and fun shit like that. To live your life around itis ridiculous imo.

There are different levels of astrology study from antiquity to present days, from the silly horoscopes and superficial zodiac signs characterisations to theories of the great Greek philosophers that trespass time and the psychological astrology of Carl Jung.

In my early twenties the exoteric astrology (Personality Astrology) helped me improve my relationships and the esoteric astrology (Soul Astrology) that I discovered in my thirties helped me to begin to understand my life, its purpose and Life in general.
    Last edited by Valixy; 09-02-14 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    There are different levels of astrology study from antiquity to present days, from the silly horoscopes and superficial zodiac signs characterisations to theories of the great Greek philosophers that trespass time and the psychological astrology of Carl Jung.

In my early twenties the exoteric astrology (Personality Astrology) helped me improve my relationships and the esoteric astrology (Soul Astrology) that I discovered in my thirties helped me to begin to understand my life, its purpose and Life in general.
    Thanks, Valixy. From what I gather, Astrology's reputation as a personal and relationship science is skewed by the silly horoscopes that seem so very generic. Seems the people that think it's 'bull' are responding to that. And, perhaps that's what was going on with the Cold Reading that THX tells us about earlier (I watched the video) ... although I'd have to talk to the 'magician' and find out what he presented those folks.

I'm also seeing the misconception that a person's Sun sign tells them 'all' about themselves ... when the "I'm a Cancer, she's a Pisces ... so we'd have a good relationship" kind of thing is just the very, very basic essence of the relationship ... and that other elements ... like their Moon, Ascendant, Venus, Mars and Mercury sign configuration contribute to the nature of the relationship ... as each of those represent a personality element ... Sun - the basic personality, Moon - emotional, Ascendant - the 'public' persona, Venus - how one views and treats relationships, Mars - characteristic of their energy and drive, Mercury - characteristic of their mental style, needs, etc. It makes for interesting and fascinating reading.

So, although his sun sign is Cancer and hers Pisces, he has a Leo Moon and she a Virgo Moon ... that will reveal how they interact with each other's emotional style and needs, for example. Then, what is his Ascendant, Venus, Mars and Mercury? ... and hers? Different signs are more "compatible" with certain others, and the incompatibles are more "challenging."

In the end, from what I've read about relationships that are working and those that are not ... and most people, if not nearly all, are in relationships or have relationships that have a mix of the "incompatible" ... those who can effectively "deal" with the incompatibilities are those who are not hung up with their own 'egos' (using a Freudian term) ... or perhaps to say it better yet, they don't worship and defend their own self-image, they don't put themselves up on a pedestal. And, this enables them to "get along" with others much more easily, although it doesn't necessarily do away with any unpleasantness they experience ... at least it is a factor in their "getting along" with others.

I welcome your comments.
    Last edited by Can_I_be_wiser?; 09-02-14 at 09:12 AM.

it's just a parlor game. There is no real science behind it and oh no they just realized that the stars are no longer alined to the dates and they want to add a 13th sign to make it work.....somehow.

I gree with you, Can_I_be_wiser. Just like everything else in life, astrology can enrich us, if we find that we respond to it. We're all born with positive and negative energies, lessons that we learnt and others that we need to learn and they differ for every individual. Astrology can point to certain areas of the personality or the relationship and offer total understanding, even point towards the right direction, but the hard work still needs to be done. Liz Taylor and Richard Burton's relationship chart is full of amazing blending energies and many astrolgers considered they were soul mates but they were still unable to find their harmony together, in this life at least.

Some astrologers just like some of the writers have an extraodinary intuition and can reveal much about the energies involved at personality level or in a relationship, and some people are both great astrologers and writers :-)

In my early twenties I simply loved Linda Goodman's books: 'Sun Signs', 'Love Signs', 'Relationship Signs' and the others she wrote. They gave me a new deeper perspective on interacting with people. However in time I found that exoteric astrolgy just like the orthodox psychology can very well explain the behaviour patterns and how certain circumstances may have a certain effect on people but fail to explain why certain circumstances/energies (and not others, for example) appeared in the first place. The esoteric psychology and astrology can illuminate these areas of life that we tend to consider that they were just meant to be. There is indeed a reason for everything including for being born where you were and being who you are today and discovering this was a huge revelation for me that completely changed my life in extraordinary ways.
    Last edited by Valixy; 09-02-14 at 01:14 PM.

I'm always surprised by the sheer number of people that fall victim to this kind of stupidity.

Congratulations. You have all been outsmarted by a bottle of maple fu​cking syrup.

Im not obsessed with it but I believe in it a lot more than religion. Some people are religious-some are more into astroligy.. whatever we choose to believe in is our right so go screw your maple syrup

Astrology has some truth but it is not something to base serious decisions on. I have noticed a lot of people are pretty true to their signs personality-wise.
    It's primary purpose, much like fortune telling, is for entertainment. For things like, "do these signs make a good couple?" The answer is usually going to be "yes". Well unless it is Aries cause they are pains in the ass. That IS a scientific fact.

If Astrology were a solid science, it would probably be really boring.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast