+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is up with this guy? Did he insult me?

What is up with this guy? Did he insult me?

So this is my second thread already and I've only signed up recently...

I feel a bit confused. I'm not sure if I make this guy uncomfortable or if he likes me, or if he dislikes me.

Yesterday I posted a photo of myself online, he didn't like it but he commented on it and joked around with a heavy implication that I had a scary look. I don't know why though because other people thought it was a nice photo. I know he regularly likes other girls photos.
    Then today, I say "hey" to him, he looked up on hearing me but didn't respond, half smiled or was it a grimace? and looked down. I've say hey, and stuff to him plenty of other mornings but he won't say anything back, and then I feel like I shouldn't be talking to him. I have had conversations with him though, he just seems awkward around me?

For clarification, I don't like this guy. I just want to know if he intended to insult me or not. I know he seemed to be joking, but it offended me that he would make the effort to make a joke at my expense but not like the photo when he likes other girls photos. And his weird behaviour around me. What's up with that? Why would a guy act this way?

Oranges, do you want him to be a friend or do you not care for him one way or another?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well technically he is in my group of friends from my course. He's been there on nights and days out and will sometimes hang around with our group during class. But I don't get this slightly awkward at times feeling between us. I feel bad about myself when someone won't reply to me and looks away - I don't know if it is a nervous thing he is doing or if he is disgusted?

I don't feel it's about you. He just may be a negative person. Sometimes our personalities just clash with other people. I wouldn't worry about it. If he's not really someone close to you just let it go.