+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did they do this?

Why did they do this?

I feel like I have a lot of questions that I put on this forum lately. But I have an issue, in regards to a guy I previously wrote about.

Now today was Valentine's Day and I was at college. I have a group of friends and we're all pretty much single bar one. Today was going fine until a guy friend, lets call him Harry (who was sitting far away) said that another guy friend had a question for me (let's call him John) and that I should check out my Facebook. I didn't check right away, and Harry kept pestering me to check. I eventually opened up my phone to see that Harry had logged onto John's account, and made him like all my statuses, photos, etc and wrote on my wall asking to be John's valentine! Now this guy doesn't really talk to me, and spends all his time flirting with some girl who has a boyfriend and I know he doesn't like me. However, Harry kept asking me what my answer was, despite him knowing that I knew all the posts were frapes. I really don't understand why I was singled out for this joke when John doesn't seem to like me?

I feel pretty bummed out, as this was my only valentine gesture and it was a total joke. Why do guys do this? Why did they choose to bother me?

How old are you and those guys? If you're very young, there may be no logical explanation. Kids play random pranks just for fun, even when they're not actually funny and/or they hurt other people.

If you're older than, say, 21, then is it possible that John is too shy to flirt with you and that's why you never got the impression that he likes you? Maybe his friend was trying to help him out? Either way, you didn't tell us the end of the story: what was your reply?
    Last edited by searock; 15-02-14 at 03:06 PM.

We're not in high school, I'm almost 20, John is almost 19 and Harry is almost 20. I never responded to the Facebook post - and I never gave a verbal yes or no either because I'm really not sure if it was a joke or if it was a hint... We went out that afternoon/evening and I actually asked John why Harry did everything on Facebook - he said that because he himself posted on Harry's facebook earlier, Harry decided to post on his. So they both messed around on each other's accounts. Maybe it was just a joke? I keep thinking there has to be some sort of reason behind it at the least, why would they pick me out and not another girl?

Really sounds like they're still tween's and didn't have anything better to do than harass you. I wouldn't take it personally, or make anything out of it! It was a prank! Very insensitive of them.

As I thought, they're both very young, still act like high school kids. Ignore them, they'll grow up eventually.