+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure about crush

Unsure about crush

I have a crush on my coworker but I'm not sure if he likes me back. He's shy but not painfully so, he gets along with all our other coworkers. When we talk he'll sometimes look away or look across the room so he's not the best at keeping eye contact, but I'm not totally sure if it's just with me or if he does it with other people too. Sometimes I feel like he'll approach me and take a while to think of something to say, but again, not sure if this is just with me. It doesn't help that I'm shy too and am not the best at starting or initiating conversations but we have a few per day (usually) when we're not busy. Sometimes he'll start it, sometimes I will. I do kind of feel like there's sometimes a small air of awkwardness/hesitation between us but this could just be my imagination. The other day I was eating in the same room as him and after a few moments of (I guess what could be called awkward silence) he asked me how it was going.
    He did pick up my sock when I dropped it in front of him the other day...but it could just be because he's nice and I'm way over thinking this gesture. I know a big sign is if you catch someone staring at you a lot but I have crappy long distance vision and can't tell if he's glancing at me from across the room. I want to say that I feel like I sometimes catch him suddenly glancing away when I look at him but not enough to convince me he likes me back. Also the other day he said something in a silly deep voice and when he saw me he quickly muttered "sorry" as if he was embarrassed.

Aaah I just don't know I want to say that there might be something there but this might just be wishful thinking on my part. I think we'd make a cute couple we're both shy and slightly on the dorky side haha. Also we're college aged to put in an age perspective.

Absolutely nothing here to indicate that he has feelings for you. All I'm getting is the vibe of a guy who's painfully awkward. And don't set too much faith in the rule of someone looking at you. Though I'm not sure why you're not wearing glasses/contacts if your long distance vision is so bad.

If you want something to happen, one of you has to get the balls to initiate. How about asking him what he's eating for lunch....you may be able to make a lunch date out of it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.