+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being a good bf or a fool?

Am I being a good bf or a fool?

This girl and I have had a not so great past, but at the same time a very steamy past. Ok so long story short 8 months go by we decided to go our separate ways. One night I was bored and I decided that I wanted to see how things are going one thing lead to another we started talking we hung out and BAM it was like we never drifted apart.
    So after a few nights after we saw each other for the first time. We continued to talk about how things are different and that after a few nights she was scared doesnt know how she could say this but she said I love you. I see you in my future if I move anywhere its going to be with you if you feel the same it would be great.
    And I do.(we are now a couple)...We are very honest with each other about exs and hook ups and what not. Well so she invites me out to dinner for Vday and things were great. But there is one conversation that I feel I may be being a little to understanding.
    She tells me that she doesnt want to be with her ex bf from what she dated for 10 years. But finds it hard because she will always care for him and that it isnt fair if she from time to time is holding on to something that has been horrible for her time and time again. I told her that I would not push her to push him out of her life and I will give her time to think about us before we start moving forward any further. I told her I would keep my dick in my pants because it is her that I want and if the future is there for us then there are always going to be somethings that we will have to work on. We didnt fight cry or yell. But held each other and she says I only want a future with you but I need things to be about us without my DBAG ex bf causing me to play mind games with myself.

Am I being too understanding?
    What do you ladies think?

Your not being to understanding but I do think you need to watch out so you don't get played

I think you're being wonderful. If she's still undecided in a few months, however, it wouldn't be wrong to instigate another serious conversation with her.

This is all very wishy washy. You have left out a lot of details.. Is she still hanging out with her ex? If yes then let her go. Its not worth it
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by justagirl2727 View Post
    I think you're being wonderful. If she's still undecided in a few months, however, it wouldn't be wrong to instigate another serious conversation with her.
    I agree as me and this girl seperated for a while I did always hope to be with her. It has been an amazing month I feel that if she sees a future with me a little turbulence is expected not everything can be a disney movie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    This is all very wishy washy. You have left out a lot of details.. Is she still hanging out with her ex? If yes then let her go. Its not worth it
    She does not actually still hang out with him, he actually came back in the picture because we started talking hes been a little weird. She told him about us and hes been texting like so the 10 years are just over like that kinda shit. So hes ****ing with her head.

She's an attention whore. Stop being her bitch, and tell her to call you when she wants to ****.

she says I only want a future with you but I need things to be about us without my DBAG ex bf causing me to play mind games with myself.
    Seriously. You're not being "wonderful" you're being walked on. Tell her that when she's clear of him in her head to call you.

What are you going to do, hang around and be her soft place to land until she goes back to the douche that she allows, yes ALLOWS play mind games with herself? It's guys like you that come in here and say why do women like Jerks. Because guys like you are not attractive on a subconcious level. No one wants someone that they can manipulate like she's manipulating you. We want a guy who won't put up with our shit when it's this kind of crap.

Stop framing her as such a prize. She's NO prize if she's got an ex sniffing up her backside and allowing him to do it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion