0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • O

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't decide beetween two girls

Can't decide beetween two girls

Hello, I'm 19 years old guy and I never had time for dating and it kinda sucks, but I think I'm ready now. There already is a girl I'd like to ask out in my class, lets call her "A" so you don't get confused. A is smart, nice, beautiful and is the best student in my class. Just the kind of girl anyone would be lucky to date, and I think I have a good chance with her. However one day while I was browsing Facebook, and I came across a friends friends, lets call her "O". I got stunned as soon as I saw O. This girl is just breathtaking, I send her a friend request and she added me but we never spoke. The thing is that this girl is from where I am, but currently lives in another country. The thing is that there is a high chance that I move there as well (this was my life plan since I was 15). Few weeks ago I decided that I would ask A out and just forget about O, since O feels like a part of a fantasy, like she is too good to be true. Today I was just scrolling down my home page on FB while humming a song and suddenly I froze. One picture, it just took one picture of O to leave me speechless. I was staring at it for a while thinking that I was so close to forgetting her and possibly starting something new. The logical thing to do is to ask out A, who knows she might even say no and there will be just O left. But what if she says yes, can I start a relationship knowing that there might be someone who I like more? A is amazing, but O is godlike, and probably as hard to reach as well. I might just be stupid, asking stupid questions, but I will appreciate if you share your thoughts.Who do you think I should chase? Thanks
    Last edited by GeorgeJJ; 18-02-14 at 12:34 PM.

First of all, no person is "godlike". You are stunned by a couple of photos, NOT by the person. You never even talked to her, hell you've never even seen her in real life. She is, precisely as you say, just a fantasy in your mind.

If you like A, by all means go ahead and ask her out. O doesn't even exist.

I'm sorry, but it seems ridiculous that you're doubting your decision to ask out a girl you like because of a girl you've never met. It's incredibly shallow.

The obvious answer is to ask out A (and I think you know this), but honestly it seems like you're not yet ready to commit yourself to anyone. This shouldn't be about hedging your bets. You should ask someone out because you truly care about, are attracted to them, and can commit yourself to them. I don't want you to date A and break her heart because you can't get over a fantasy. And don't go thinking that O is even an option for you. You DON'T KNOW HER.

I totally agree with you. If I break anyone's heart I will probably hate myself for it, that's why I thinking about this. If I feel like this just by looking at a pictures of a girl I don't even know who lives access the world, maybe I'm an A-hole or an idiot. Or maybe it's the same thing as having a crush on a celebrity? I don' know. But to be fair I don't know much about A either, we are in the same class but we don't talk that much.

O is just a fantasy. Yes, it is exactly like having a crush on a celebrity. It means absolutely nothing in practical terms.

Ask A out.

I totally understand what you are saying. With O it really is like having a crush on a celebrity. But there could be someone who is "godlike" in someone's eyes, maybe not in this case though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply