+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm embarrising and ashamed to be with my girlfriend!

I'm embarrising and ashamed to be with my girlfriend!

Right, so I've been with my girlfriend for 5 days, and I'm already thinking like this, I think the reason why is because I've let doubts get into my head, basically I had no problem being with when we got together, in fact we walked around our town (what is packed) holding hands and cuddling and even kissed in front of people but now after being told things (will say what shortly) I don't want to be seen with her and I'm only willing to hang around with her if it's in my house or her house...Basically before I got with her I was told she stalked one of my friends around town and that she fancied him (was told by my girlfriends friend that this boy also liked her back) But the main thing that has put me off her is what I was told by this girl I used to be close to the thing is this girl only messaged me when she knows I talk to other girls and is jealous but I've let what she told me get into my head and now I'm treating my girlfriend like shit and I feel guilty, basically she told me that this girl is a slag and has a load of boyfriends (I actually saw someone else comment this on facebook saying she has a different boyfriend every week) she supposedly only goes for boys that know nothing about her and other stuff, the main thing she said that effect me was "people are going to think wtf is going on when they see we are in a relationship) and I don't want to have a bad reputation. Since I've been told this I've deleted my girlfriends comment on my facebook wall saying she loves me and a comment on my wall (I told her my account has a virus) the thing is I didn't mind this girl before write on my wall and still have her comments! I've also told her to delete statuses she writes about me and not to write anymore and she wants to get a picture of us together (things I've done with the girl before) but with my actual girlfriend I've told her no.

I assume this the girl who constantly tells you she loves you.

This girl is 17 and a very immature 17yo at that. But your behaviour in return is equally appalling. No matter how much of a nutter a girl is, she doesn't deserve to be treated as a dirty little secret. Either be strong and embrace your relationship publicly or end it.

And for what it's worth, there's no shame in ending things with a girl who you suddenly discover is a nutter. But do be prepared to be stalked
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Grow up and talk to her about it. Tell her you have been told about her "reputation" and it's making you feel unsettled. then discuss it further and see what kind of explaining she does. After that go with your instinct, if it doesn't feel right, then it isn't and you should just move on. There is no point in being with her if you are too embarrassed to even be seen with this girl.

Ah yes, talking with her about it could also be a good option. I forgot that bit....I was always more of a cut and run person.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The last time i checked, you are the one wearing the PANTS. Sit her down and talk to her about it. Try and let her know how you feel about her lifestyle and ask for her own side of things

Quote Originally Posted by Smila View Post
    The last time i checked, you are the one wearing the PANTS.
    wtf....................
    Last edited by searock; 21-02-14 at 01:12 AM.

saw someone else comment this on facebook saying she has a different boyfriend every week)
    Welllllll, since you've been with her for 5 days now.. Just wait two more and she'll deep six you. Oo
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Whatever happened to the old days when the key goal was to get laid? lol

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Whatever happened to the old days when the key goal was to get laid? lol
    thats why i'm still with her, but she isn't allowed to come around mine because her mum don't trust her, as long as I ****ed her she is dumped too weird for me

Wow randomer, you're disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Randomer View Post
    thats why i'm still with her, but she isn't allowed to come around mine because her mum don't trust her, as long as I ****ed her she is dumped too weird for me
    Hey as long as she's ok with this arrangement all the power to ya.

Lol, I really don't think she is. If she is, then sure it's all good.

I was gonna give advice until you showed what a db you are..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

If you ever expect to be in a real relationship.. you have to disregard what "this" person said and "that" person said.. unless you got cold hard proof. A relationship is about what you think about each other.. not what everyone else in the world thinks. Communication with each other is important. Other people have there own reasons to say the things they do.. and what they say may not always be true.

This thread makes me weep for the U.S. public education system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast