+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is he doing?

What is he doing?

so this guy and i started to date a coupld months ago. We were in the grey area until just recently, whenever we started getting closer to each other. Naturally, things became less casual. Well, other guys were interested in me, so I asked the guy i was sort of dating what his expectations were, what he wanted, etc... We decided to have a "relationship" and he later texted me that he was glad we made that decision. (The other options were having an open relationship or no relationship.) The only problem was that he said he wasn't looking for anything long term, which was fine for me at the time because I'm in my early twenties, just looking for someone to spend time with and have fun with. However, after a few weeks of dating, I decided that I could't handle the relationship because I was having to embrace intimacy and closeness while knowing that I'm probably going to be really hurt in the near future. However, after cutting it off, he continued to text me things like, "Happy Valentine's Day" and when he found that another guy was being innapropriate to me, he said things like "If he is bothering you, tell me I'll f*** him up." I'm so confused because, I thought he would have an easier time with the separation than me, since he told me before that he is used to relationships ending and that he doesn't really process emotions the same way (ie. he told me if we broke up he would be sad, but it wouldn't effect him that much.) Is he just being a dick? I always felt that he was really honest, so I don't know. I really still like him, I just can't be intimate and close to someone when I know they are going to leave me, because that causes too much stress. Did he care at all? Was he putting up walls so he wouldn't get hurt? (He's been hurt by girls that he loved in the past.) I just can't figure him out. Its tough, because I really value his unique characteristics. Someone pls tell me what he is thinking.

Sounds like he is trying to act like he's cool with it and it isn't affecting him when it is. Denial of his feelings I guess. Not really your problem though as a relationship won't work all the time he acts like that. You were justified in breaking it off..not quite sure what the point is going into a relationship that you know is going to end fairly soon...seems like a waste of time but that's just me.