+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i get the job or what???

lilwing89 Guest

should i get the job or what???

ok so im 16, y'all know it.
    well the resort i live at has a job opening for a full time cleaning job, for $7.50 an hour-the highest pay i could get from any job in the little shit town i live in. i wanna take it, there is just a few things that make me wonder....

the #1 priority i have right now is to finish highschool, and with a fulltime job im not sure if i can pull it off, because i need some time for my homework...also it is summer, and when school starts back up i wont have so much free time...but the guy said that there is other people that work there so i wont be working every day.

then im in school band with guitar and i need to practice guitar, and i need to go to sport events to play guitar in the band otherwise i get a bad grade in that.

then i want time to hang out with my girlfriend. im not sure-with a full time job, if ill have much time to do so...
    help! what should i do? can you get me any information/advice as to how i could do the job and all that stuff at the same time?

i had a job before this; washing dishes at a restaurant from the second i got out of school til 2 at night every damn day..that got old fast, and i quit after 3 weeks..didnt have any time for anything...

Tone Guest
    If you don't need the money then I'd just look for something part-time.

Once you graduate college you're going to be working full-time for the next 50~ years. Enjoy your youth while you can.

I think kids in high school should not work more than maybe 10 hours per week during the school year so they can focus on their education. Honestly, the girlfriend and other extra-curricular activities I don't care about at all, but the education is really important. How do your parents feel about it? Do they give you an allowance?

I think that next summer, you ought to work full time and save your money for spending during the school year so you won't have to work many hours...

lilwing89 Guest
    my mom wants me to get the job, and i filled out an application and handed it in and i asked more about it, and he said he will talk to the head cleaner person about hours for me, and try to work around the schedule..

Start out at 20 hours a week maximum. Talk to your boss about your concerns for school and blah blah. See what he says. If you can do 20 and keep it up, ask for more hours.

It's easier to ask for more hours than ask for less.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------