+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i leave him?

Should i leave him?

Things at home are difficult. My partner hasnt taken me out in two years and now we have a 6 month old baby. Hes out playing sports 3-4 times a week,goes too watch footie and pub sat and pub sunday. One minute he is nice and the next he errupts. I ask him too do something as a family at weekends,visit his family but get told dont tell me what too do. He drives and his family live 30 mins away. I get shouted at because his family dont see him enough. He tells me his family dont like me and generally just gripes. Sat night i was meant too go out and it was cancelled last minute due too a friends child not being well and horrific weather,i was all dressed. He went off the head saying he could have went out with his pals afterall and that i lied about night out,dressing up too make it more convinceing. His family bitch and moan,walk in whenever they want,gripe because my child goes too bed at6.30 because hes tired. My family work full time and have their own groups etc so i have no idea where they think i see my mum etc all the time. I visit my grandmother once a week as she lives walking distance. I dont drink,cheat,spend money on myself etc.As he owned house before i met him im told constantly its his house blah blah. He calls me names,liar,bitch etc then asks too cuddle in. Ive no idea what too do. Hes out again tonight,fri,sat,last night and prob sun for a bit. Feel lost. I was a size 8 before i fell pregant,balloned too 16 but back down too 8/10 but i feel unattractive,totally lost and isolated x

I'm guessing you've sat him down and properly spoken to him about how you're feeling. If so, then yes, leave! I can't imagine that you're actually getting any pleasure out of this relationship. I was in an unhappy relationship for years and stayed as I was young and too scared to leave and be on my own (we also have a child together). So glad I did leave though! Obviously everyone's situation is different, but in my opinion, if you've spoken to him and nothing's changes, it never will.

Why have a kid when the relationship was starting to go sour? or was this an accident? Me personally would just pack my shit up and move to grammies house with the child and hit him up for child support. It's a no brainer he doesn't want to be a family or be a father. He is just being a dick so you will just go away, so make his wish come true so you can live a happier life, instead of being rejected daily.

I had a miscarriage,then fell pregnant pretty quick. I was told with my ulcerative colitis bearing children would be difficult plus i have a cyst on my ovary so when i miscarried,pill didnt work etc. all happened quick. My son had what look liked sweaty hair and was generally very gripey. Worried i asked him why his hair was wet? Did he wipe it with wipe? But he just spoke over me,tried too check his temp but he kept pushing me away. I have nowhere too go. Off too local council today. I just dont understand why hes a dick,jekyll and hyde. Ready too snap x x

- - - Updated - - -

I grew up with an alcoholic,verbally abusive father who was nearly sectioned. Tried too kill me and him in a car crash. My mum became so worn down and frightened that it took me too snap too get him away. I dont want this for my son. I know how it feels,just nowhere too turn,no room at mums x x

I doubt your family would see you on the street. Theres always options. Have you asked them can you move in? Is there any low cost housing service in your country for families or single parents? What about government support for single mums? Can you try and get part time work? If you really want out you gotta make it happen and do whatever is necessary.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You have to break out of this prison at least emotionaly. Do you have any friends or person you can trust? How about looking for counseling, therapy, volunteering listeners like samaritans or help phone.
    Your confidence is kinda low. Guard it dont allow others to misunderstand or offend you. Only reason they doing it because they could get away with it. At some point you have to stand up for yourself.

Theres always a way.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

The funny thing is i speak my mind and known for it but you are right my confidence is rock bottom. Im going too council and citizens advice too see my options. Do it all behind his back,speak too lawyer and go. I have too speak too lawyer as his family would take over. Just dont know where too start.

I think Scotland (that's the flag under your username, so I'm assuming you live there), has similar opportunities for single parents that England does, but I'm not certain. If it does though, you will be fine. Do you work? If you can't afford a place at the moment and you don't work, put your name on a housing list, whether that be with the council or with a supported housing scheme. People with children are higher up the list. I'm not sure exactly how it all works, but the best thing to do is to go to Citizens Advice Bureau as they'll be able to put you in touch with someone who can let you know about your options. Hope all goes ok

There are women's shelters!!! And Michelle is right your family won't let you live on the street. Stop clinging onto this jerk off.