+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused about how my ex GF feels about me? Why the constant looking?

I'm confused about how my ex GF feels about me? Why the constant looking?

Went out with a close friend of mine last Friday night. I was having a great moment till I noticed 2 if my ex's lurking about. And glory behold my ex was there too. We were playing pool and they took up the table next to ours.

I was trying not to pay to much attention to her, but I couldn't help but look in the corner of my eye. I caught her looking a few times (which is normal, she's been checking me out a lot since the break up) and at one point she had her back turned to me. I looked up and both her friends were looking at me. I raised my eyebrows at them in a way of saying hello and one of them smiled back.

After we finished the pool game I walked off with my friend and looked back at my ex and guess what? She was looking at me and quickly looked away.

This "staring game" has been happening since the 2nd week of the break up. It's either she looks at me, I look away, then I look back and she's still looking. Or she looks, we make eye contact and she looks away quickly.

I don't really care how sad you think I am if I've done this, but I've asked another close friend who so happens to be friends with her too to keep an "eye out" for her.

He told me a few days ago that he's 200% sure she isn't dating or seeing anyone else since the break up which was 3 months ago now - the relationship last just over a month.

I know she really, really liked me since she asked me to meet her parents after only 2 weeks. And every single time we'd lay down together in her bed to watch a film she would constantly stare at me. I think she was hooked, and so was I for that matter.

4 days ago I was outside a University with a coursemate of mine talking to him. In the corner of my eye again I saw my ex GF facing me for a few seconds then walking off.

I looked after her to be sure it was her and there's no missing the hair, the hand bag and the way she walks.

What's going on?

She's a sociopath?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She's a sociopath?
    I doubt that ... never saw any manifestation of extreme anti social behaviour when I was with her. She was very bubbly.

I know my ex friend is one hell of a sociopath though.
    Last edited by Monsieur Gamma; 10-03-14 at 08:25 AM.

They're very good at faking... and terrible at blinking.

They're very good at faking... and terrible at blinking.
    Look, I know she isn't and I'm certainly not in denial.

Blinking?

I didn't mean stare without blinking ... let me use another word. She was looking.

LOL, I"m in a mood, and trolling you a bit.

LOL, I"m in a mood, and trolling you a bit.
    Haha don't worry lol, I had a feeling.

Any way, yeah still mightily confused about her intentions.

So, is there anything in this at all?

My friend who's been "keeping an eye out" tells me she hasn't dated anyone or even seen anyone since the Break up.

I'm willing to give details to you.
    Last edited by Monsieur Gamma; 10-03-14 at 08:45 AM.

I'd consider that a sign of still being interested in you somehow. Most girls I know would look very little at an ex they didn't care about.

I think she's staring because there's all this weirdness between you. Why do the two of you not exchange basic pleasantries when you run into each other? Given that there's no restraining orders between the two of you, I thought some basic manners would be appropriate.

That being said, if she's so inept at life that she requires friends to keep an 'eye out for her', then perhaps this also goes towards explaining the weirdness.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What about you? If you aren't interested in her, am sure you wouldn't have ask your friend to keep an eye on her to see if she start dating some else or not.

She stare or look at you when you with friend, so what do you want from her?

If she is now your ex like you stated in your comment, why can't you just ignore her and move on..? Except you want her back.
    If men were God

Quote Originally Posted by rest77 View Post
    What about you? If you aren't interested in her, am sure you wouldn't have ask your friend to keep an eye on her to see if she start dating some else or not.

She stare or look at you when you with friend, so what do you want from her?

If she is now your ex like you stated in your comment, why can't you just ignore her and move on..? Except you want her back.
    Of course I still like her. I like her very much.

My aim is to get us back together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    I'd consider that a sign of still being interested in you somehow. Most girls I know would look very little at an ex they didn't care about.
    Yeah. I would've expected her to show some signs of indifference, but she looks a lot at me.

It quite possibly is interest. Maybe she's having a very hard time getting over me?

How can I rekindle the love we once had?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think she's staring because there's all this weirdness between you. Why do the two of you not exchange basic pleasantries when you run into each other? Given that there's no restraining orders between the two of you, I thought some basic manners would be appropriate.

That being said, if she's so inept at life that she requires friends to keep an 'eye out for her', then perhaps this also goes towards explaining the weirdness.
    I'm the one kept a friend keeping an eye out for her. No her.

I know it was pathetic, but it was the only way to find out if she was dating anyone. Which she isn't.

I want us back together, that's my main aim.

I have no idea why it's so "weird" between us.

Why did you break up?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Why did you break up?
    Top o' the mornin' Michelle ,

She broke up with me, but initially wanted a 2 week break. I accepted it knowing she would eventually want to "permanently" break up with me - which she did a few days later.

Her excuse was "I think it's best if we split up, I'm just not ready for a relationship (with you?) yet" ..... I can tell you why I think it's rubbish if you want.

I know exactly why she did, and it was because of a silly argument we had that got a bit out of hand (nothing physical, I'm not like that)

It was after a Friday night and we were both in her room. We had gone through the usual kissing, sex, hugging and stuff.

We were both drunk.

I was very angry at my now ex friend for being racist to a close friend of mine who had supported me through a rough period (family issues).

I took my anger out on her and said things I truly regret and apologised many times for.

Yes, she's probably still hurt from it, but I don't think she holds it against me any more. She said she "Appreciated the apology"

I would say that was nice of you being a man and standing up for your friend who she didn't treat with respect. But, since you want her back and its obvious that she too want you back from the way she looks at you.

Now this is easier said than done, try talk to her about how you feel and see how she is going to respond.
    If men were God

Quote Originally Posted by rest77 View Post
    I would say that was nice of you being a man and standing up for your friend who she didn't treat with respect. But, since you want her back and its obvious that she too want you back from the way she looks at you.

Now this is easier said than done, try talk to her about how you feel and see how she is going to respond.

Yeah, well I stick up for my friends, I don't leave some sly little bellend tread over me and my "posse" of friends.

My ex friend is a jackass, a no life. People will eventually see how much of a manipulative and deceitful toss pot he is and will turn on him.

For whatever motive he had to attack me like he did, I couldn't care less about him any more.

In regards to my ex, I'll probably see her this Friday and when we make eye contact I'll smile at her and see if she gives me a positive response. If she doesn't, well I'll suck it up and move on. If she does well I'll approach her and strike a cheerful conversation with her a let the wind take us.

Thanks for your imput .... Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast