+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would this be coming on too heavy after a first date?

Would this be coming on too heavy after a first date?

We met on a dating site. I managed to obtain her number after about 1 week of messages through the site (usually takes me a few messages). It's clear she is very cautious about who she gives her number out to (as one would expect after hearing some of the stories about internet dating).

After about another week of sms, telephone and Skype calls we met for a few drinks and some food. There was lots of laughter and we got on really well... No awkward moments of silence whatsoever. We have a lot in common and it was clear that chemistry was present between us. After going to the restaurant she just happened to give me a lift home seeing as I am in the middle of obtaining my driving license and am using public transport as a means of getting around. Things went well on our first date, she has told me since then that she really likes me and wants to meet up again this weekend, around my area instead of hers.

I'm really fond of her and I was thinking about having a single red rose delivered to her at work. Is this a good idea or do you think it could backfire on me? What are the chances that she might not appreciate something like this at such an early stage? I get the feeling it will either be received in a very good way or a very bad way. For those who believe in Astrology, she is a Libra and I am a Saggitarius.

We have been in contact for almost 3 weeks now but only 1 week in terms of meeting in person.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Talisker; 13-03-14 at 02:41 AM.

Yes.....too much. Save that stuff for when you're in a relationship

Am Libra too. I personally would have love to receive red roses, only if the date went well as you said.

But, everybody is not the same. Surfhb2 is right, might just be too early, save it for later...and i wish you luck.
    If men were God

I think the flower thing is a bit early too, but it's your call.

My only caution is that if you start off with flowers, be prepared to continue with them for the rest of your relationship. Start out as you plan to continue - or else she'll end up bemoaning how you're not the 'man you used to be'.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ok... As much as I'd like to think she would love the receive it, I'm going to take your advice and play it safe.

Thanks for the advice

If a boy would do that for me, i would be surprised in a nice way! Sometimes you have to take chances, and if she doesn't like it, doesn't mean its over ..
    But if you want to be sure, than wait for it..