+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I approach this?

How do I approach this?

So, for a quick backstory, I messages a girl through an online dating site, and we ended up talking/texting/snapchat etc. for a few months. Certain scheduling issues kept us from meeting that whole time. But we finally met up last Saturday, even though it was only for a couple hours.

So, my issue is I don't really know where I stand with her. I don't even know if our meeting last weekend was a date or not, because she invited me to meet up with her and a bunch of her friends. Her schedule is pretty hectic, with work and her kids, and for the next few weeks she's told me the only days she's not going to have her kids, she's made plans. Her schedule is pretty much either planned out way in advance, or last minute "Hey come up tonight." (She lives just under an hour away).

I guess what I want to know is, do I push it and tell her I like her and want to go on an actual date, just the two of us...or do I go slow and go up and bar hop with her and her friends whenever she invites me, and hope I "win her over" for lack of a better term and see if we get closer and start dating. I have practically no experience with this stuff so I don't really know how to play this...

Forget about what she may or may not want at present.

My question is: will a woman who has so little time to spare for you be suited to your relationship needs?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I guess I should've mentioned, a big part of why it took so long to meet was my fault. Well, not my fault, but on my end. My dad got sick right about when we started talking, and he ended up passing away, so I couldn't meet her since I was with family almost every day that whole time. And she has had plans for these next couple weeks planned for quite awhile, so it's sort of bad timing. If she continued to make plans and didn't make time for me, I'd worry, but for now I'm not too concerned about that.

Plus, I would assume if she ever was comfortable with me meeting her kids, that would make it easier to hang out right? I wouldn't have a problem hanging with her and her kids if it ever got to that point. I just don't know what to do in the meantime...

Invide her over, let her invest as much as you do. Go at your own speed, let her know your wishes.
    DON'T be ambiguous about what you want to say. Instead of beating around the bush or hiding behind confusing or contradictory messages, be clear about your goals and emotions.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yea, I wouldn't mind asking her, but that probably wouldn't happen til after the next couple weeks or so. Part of the problem is, she gets off at 10:30pm often, so if she came down here she wouldn't be here til 11:30-12, where as it's easier for me to get there about when she gets off and we have more time. Obviously that doesn't include her days off, but as the next couple weeks are planned out, it'll be awhile.

And to address the other part, I'm pretty sure she knows how I feel. I just don't exactly know where she's at with it. And I don't want to be annoying and be like "do you like me do you like me" and drive her away, if it would be better to play it cool and see what happens. She also happens to be going through some stuff, so I don't want to be like that and add to her issues and make her say "Ok I don't have time for a clingy guy that's not even my bf wondering if I like him" and cut all contact. I just don't know if it's better to lay it all out on the table or play the long game, so to speak