+ Follow This Topic

Thread: being positive vs being stupid

being positive vs being stupid

Hello to anyone reading,

This is my first post. Normally i wouldnt seek advice but having decided to make changes in my life with regards to relationships I probably need some, as its always hard to stay true to who we want to be when a curve ball gets thrown at us.

So why am i posting? A girl. The question is being true to who I know I am making me silly?

Recently met someone from a dating site and the chat before we met was great shes fiesty, fun and smart. When we met she looked even better than she did on her profile. We had a great night and i made sure she got home safely on her own. I got text saying she had a lovely night and i let her know how much fun id had. So we move on and arrange to meet midweek she has problems at work and I can tell from the text that shes going to cancel, which happens.

My fragile male ego says cut and run plenty more fish in the sea you dont need this crap and for along time i have lived by that but as I say im trying to be more. So I put it aside be understanding and look forward. so again we meet at the weekend have a great night that went further than i think either of us had planned but there is always that chance when alcohol is involved. It was then that she said to me that, she like me wanted to see where things could go. That comment made my day.

So we meet midweek great night few kisses, I make sure she gets home safely on her own with arrangements set for last night. This is why my original question comes in. is being true to who I know I am making me silly?

On friday texting as normal I asked what her plans were for the evening and out of the blue she said she was going out with friends from school, is in its self is not my issue but on Saturday I got the same sense of distance when it came to talking about arrangements for Saturday night, i knew in myself that she would cancel and just an hour before we would have met i got the text to say she had been out with her sister for brunch and was feeling sick and had to cancel.

What followed were very apologetic text and a pic of her feeling sorry for her self. I again say hey it happens we all get ill we can make up for it.

The kicker is I let the fragile male ego talk for a second and he smells horse dung. so I have a look online and hey ho shes online. Now the ego is running the show and a message to her says hey ill say goodbye, take care x

I geta text saying whats the message about, I reply you cant be that sick. no I wasnt online blah blah. Anyway we leave it that we will talk today. today i get tet saying im not messing you about i want to see where this goes and I hope were ok.

Im trying to be different these days and be more forgiving, hey its not like i have been a saint all my days.

so I have only two options

1. I trust my ego. She was hungover, didnt want to meet and didnt have the guts to say earlier in the day, like that first cancellation. I should drop her like a hot stone and let some other fool fill my space.

2. I be the peson I know I am. I forgive her for a second time knowing its early days and belive that she was geniunely ill. That im no saint and be positive that i think this could be a good relationship.

So before I make a decison what do you think?

There are no guarantees when it comes to dating. So far you can't get insecure on her because you only been out twice. You both are still free to be dating others or keep your options open until one of you makes it official. You had two good dates so why not give it two more and see where it goes.