+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettin married soon, what is a good gift for my bride?

Gettin married soon, what is a good gift for my bride?

Noticed all the gift threads in here so why not.

It doesn't have to be something personal to her just a nice gift she would love and appreciate. I don't want to give jewelry because the ring is that, IMO.

We are in our twenties.

Oh you are setting yourself up for this one......dick in a box?

I was thinking a 12" vibrator.

good grief^^. If your serious and not just hoping to start an on going joke of redundant rolls, I suggest a hand crafted wooden box, unique and special for your special girl. Something she can put her delicate trinkets into. Something the grandchildren will find one day up in the attic and cherish so. Also, lockets. You know, the old school ones you can open and find a picture inside, something she'll hold dear.
    You could also plant a tree and watch it grow each year as you do the same. Think outside the box (no pun intended)

I don't see why you have to give her anything...you are giving her a wedding....not to mention she already owns your balls, isn't that enough?
    Last edited by smackie9; 21-03-14 at 09:55 AM.

Don't listen to Smackie. She is extremely low maintenance; don't even need her man to marry her. OP, I suggest getting her a fancy bouquet of flower.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, somehelp4me. What about the first photo of you both as a couple, enlarge it and frame it in an expensive frame and include a poem or loving hand written note inside the frame.

Congratulations. But why give a gift to the bride?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks for the congratulations and real replies.

Smackie, do you say that because she is pregnant and we are getting married? if I didn't also love her I wouldn't be getting married.

basilandthyme, that is what we do for weddings, the grooom gifts the bride, the bride gifts the groom and we each gift our groomsmen and bridesmaids. Spend, spend, spend. Tradition.

Wow I was just joking.....buy her a coach handbag.

^ smackies idea of the handbag, is a good one, some of those handbags are really nice. I love handbags and shoes lol if you live close to NY you can get those expensive designer name bags for half the cost along with sunglasses.

How about an eternity ring for new mommy and new bride? .

Or a nice dress she can wear the day after the wedding

Or something nice for your home.. new furniture?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I never heard of an eternity ring, michelle. I'll look it up thanks. The new outfit for the day after the wedding is a good idea, we leave for the honeymoon so that would work.

My brother and I are making her a new crib for the baby, we start after the honeymoon.

Lots of cool ideas, thanks all for the help.

That is sweet to make your babies crib, handy guys are awesome and lots of sentimental value and can also be handed down through the years.

The crib is coming along great and I'm proud that I would have made it for my kid too.

I decided to do a combo of things all of you mentioned in the thread, some the wedding and after for the honeymoon. Thanks all. I'm sure she'll love something I've given.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast