+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Deciphering texts from women

Deciphering texts from women

Hi,

I was out and about the other day and got this cute girl's number, asking if she wanted to hang out. We talked for a little bit and she said she was off Sunday so I told her we will do something then. I run into her regularly so it wasn't much of a surprise when I saw her the next night working. We chatted it up again. I jokingly asked her to come out with me knowing she wasn't able to. She couldn't because she was working so I reminded her about Sunday saying that if I didn't run into her again tonight then we should grab a drink tomorrow, and that I would text her about it.

It's Sunday afternoon in Australia already so I texted her earlier today asking if she was still interested in going out. Her response three hours later "Hey! Unfortunately I can't today, but maybe another day " My initial response was to just chalk it up as a loss and simply responded "No worries. Yeah maybe another time." Then what do ya know I started thinking more and more into it, and now I've confused myself. I took it as her just nicely saying no, but is it possible she wanted me to set up another date and time? The damn smiley face is throwing me off!

I don't know. Is there any other way for me to interpret that?

If I were her and I was interested, I would have said "I can't today, but I'm available on X, Y And Z. Do any of these work for you?"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She's blown ya off dude. Keep your options open, ask other girls out.

Some girls are just stupid that way....they are afraid of saying no not interested.

I think it could be a polite blow off too. Maybe is the key word. Maybe doesn't show much real interest in making new plans.

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks for the help, ladies!