+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to not get attached so easily?

How to not get attached so easily?

I've always struggled with this...any time I've liked a girl or had a girl show the tiniest bit of interest in me, I always get attached too quickly and push them away. I've had people say "stay busy, keep your mind occupied, don't think about it" but even though I do that, I can't. I'm busy at work, have a vacation coming up that I'm excited about, but it doesn't keep my mind off it. I know that chilling out and being relaxed about it all will not only benefit me, but make everything easier between myself and any girl I'm talking to...I just don't know how to do that. It's like I'm programmed to over think and over analyze everything to the point where I ruin it >.<

Play video games....that will erase everything.

Interact with other girls. You will be much cooler and more man with original girl in that way. As long as she dont commit to you as official girlfriend you dont own her anything.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I think what you're describing is fairly normal for the early stages of infatuation. What I used to do is remind myself of reality: That the odds of it lasting were slim, but to simply enjoy the ride.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It is easy to think of a new person in "ideal" terms. At least til we get to know them and learn they are still human, flaws and all.
    When we are trying to NOT think of something, people are always like "just stay busy" but it is not so easy. Being busy distracts only so much.

The only real solution is either ride out the initial infatuation tide OR have at least two people you are dating at the same time. Even though you will end up thinking of BOTH of them a lot, you will not care about either one as much.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Interacting with other women is huge. If you're just talking to 1 , then your brain will convince itself that she's "the last coca-cola in the dessert" . Not good.

If all else fails, smoke some weed.